Should I update my DSi to 1.4E now?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kacee, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010
  1. Kacee
    OP

Newcomer Kacee Newbie

Vietnam
    Hello,

My first post here, nice board.

I ordered my Acekard 2i from DealExtreme and according to them the package will be arrived in about a week.

Currently I'm using R4i from r4i-sdhc.com, first gen so incompatible with DSi firmware 1.4, it has firmware 1.3E currently. There are some rumors that Nintendo is rolling out firmware 1.5 and decided to block the flashcard again, which is very likely. So I want to update my DSi now to 1.4 and wait for the Acekard to arrived.

However, that's mean I can't play any game after update.

I know maybe nobody has the exact answer but is it safe to wait for about a week and still be able to update to 1.4 or maybe Nintendo will roll out their 1.5 firmware very soon?

My DSi is EU version, current firmware is 1.3E, anyone have the same EU version can you confirm that Nintendo hasn't roll out 1.5 firmware?

PS: I'm not a native English speaker so sorry if my English is broken.

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    if you have a ds litethen update not then update the ak2i after

3. grimtooth

Member grimtooth GBAtemp Regular

Hey Kacee,
    the latest firmware is still 1.4, i use 1.4E myself. i doubt they will release 1.5 in the next week, so you should be save to stay with 1.3.

4. Kacee
    OP

Newcomer Kacee Newbie

Vietnam
    Thanks a lot, that's good to know.

5. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
  6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    If you can live without the facebook app & the nintendo DSi Shop (& browser) then I suggest DON'T upgrade at all until we know for certain what 1.5 Firmware actually does

Once we know what it does (& if it blocks flashcards again) then I suggest you still wait until AK brings out a fix for the 1.5 before upgrading - as I'm sure Ak will create a fix that allows you to upgrade the AK straight to 1.5 fix status

7. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would update now. There's a fix for the Acekard 1.4 and not 1.5. We don't know (a) when 1.5 will be released or (b) how long after an acekard fix will come. You may get stuck with 1.3 for an indefinite amount of time once 1.5 is released.

8. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Update your DSi to 1.4E AFTER your AK2i comes. When it does come, run the 1.4 AK2i update using your 1.3E DSi. Once the update for the AK2i is complete, update your DSi to 1.4E and wait for news on 1.5E.

~ Jon