Hacking Should i update? I have 3.1U

poolman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii that is currently on 3.1U. Ive read that ideally you want to be on 3.2U. Should i try to update to 3.2 or just install the homebrew channel on my 3.1U and just install a new cios and loaders? I also dont have wi-fi that ive read that i need to update to 3.2. Any suggestions?

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use a game with the 3.2 update
wink.gif

poolman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
other than that game is there an app that contains the update? would it hurt anything if i installed loaders on 3.1U?

mick711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can update to 3.2u with iosdowngrader 1.2 and internet .

If you have homebrew chanel of course .

I think don't update directly with nintendo update because i think you go directly to 3.4

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poolman said:
Would it be bad if i didnt update to 3.2 and still ran loaders using 3.1?
no, but if you don't have any games with the 3.2 update you can still update to 3.2U using cIOS downgarder(as it updates aswell, just install a cIOS), anyregion changer(just make sure you choose "3.2U" and you'll be fine)

poolman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the homebrew channel but no internet. how else other than smash bros could i update? if i decided against updating would it hurt if i still installed loaders?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poolman said:
i have the homebrew channel but no internet. how else other than smash bros could i update? if i decided against updating would it hurt if i still installed loaders?
as i said in the post above "no"

damn, you have no internet... i know cIOS downgarader uses internet, i'm not sure about anyregion changer though as i never used it, maybe someone can clarify

D

Deleted User

any region changer fetches IOS from Nintendo server, so yes, anyregionchanger uses internet.

Best solution for you, dude. If you only want to use the loaders, then well, you don't need to update. But if you insist on updating, go for SSBB.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
any region changer fetches IOS from Nintendo server, so yes, anyregionchanger uses internet.

Best solution for you, dude. If you only want to use the loaders, then well, you don't need to update. But if you insist on updating, go for SSBB.
ok i figured it would, just wasn't sure

poolman i believe these are your only options at this point... i'd go rent SSBB and update that way, or like afif95 and i said you can still play backups on your 3.1(3.2 is only the shit because you can install starfall)

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poolman said:

The only reason why I see running 3.2 would be good is that you will be able to run Starfall ( which is a awesome program that removes those dang health warnings, as well a program that will help you in case you brick your wii)

Other then that...I don't see harm from keeping it to 3.1. Be warned if you rent games, some of them will have 3.4 updates which is considered the evil of all updates.

To keep a track of what games has which version. Go to this web page Wii update Manager

As you can see from that list..NO games has the update 3.2. So your best bet is to plop down 24 bucks for an usb wifi adapter. What you will be doing is making your computer an hot spot so your Wii will connect to the internet via your computer.

But first go to Wii setting, connection, and search for internet connection. Maybe by luck you will have an major Noob that has an internet connection without any password. Search that first before spending any cash.

Posts merged

BL4Z3D247 said:
QUOTE(afif95 @ Dec 14 2008, 07:37 PM) any region changer fetches IOS from Nintendo server, so yes, anyregionchanger uses internet.

ok i figured it would, just wasn't sure

poolman i believe these are your only options at this point... i'd go rent SSBB and update that way, or like afifa95 and i said you can still play backups on your 3.1(3.2 is only the shit because you can install starfall)

According to WUM Wii update Manager its version 3.1E_v2 Not 3.2 sorry. WUM Wii Update Manager
3.1U_v3 100 E Super Smash Bros. Brawl

BTW If i am wrong..please correct me so I will rent that game as well.

poolman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks. I installed gamma with rev7 on it and its running perfect. the WUM Wii Update Manager is a great resource. thanks for the link.
I tried NFS Undercover on my 3.3U softmodded and came up with a error #002. From a couple threads some believe this is caused by not being on 3.4.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use the Wii Update Manager to change the update of any games to the 3.2 firmware update. It worked for me before I was connected to the Net.

But your latest post suggest that you are now on 3.3 firmware? Hmm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: so i can rest peacefully