Homebrew Should I keep my Cubic Ninja?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know getting Ninjhax is a pain on 11.0. I now have OOThax running, so I'm asking people more experienced than I in the trends and technical points. With OOThax running, what's the likelihood that I may need Cubic Ninja in the future?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just keep it and hope smea releases a fix for it on 11.0 firmware. For now though you can use it to help downgrade any 3ds on 10.7 firmware and below.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if oot would be patched, what makes you think cubic hax won't? Nintendo will try to eliminate all hax as much as possible. Every game with exploits is at risk of patches. My guess is to buy most popular games with plenty of copies, like super smash bros brawl was. Since its a popular game, many people would have it and copies would be available, that means it wouldn't be a threat to inflation of scalpers. Then again you shouldn't try buying games for exploits cause it alters value of games and can cost lots for something that was worthless to begin with. I gotten lucky buying games i like that had been expoited but it was luck, cause i just liked the game. :)

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if oot would be patched, what makes you think cubic hax won't? Nintendo will try to eliminate all hax as much as possible. Every game with exploits is at risk of patches. My guess is to buy most popular games with plenty of copies, like super smash bros brawl was. Since its a popular game, many people would have it and copies would be available, that means it wouldn't be a threat to inflation of scalpers. Then again you shouldn't try buying games for exploits cause it alters value of games and can cost lots for something that was worthless to begin with. I gotten lucky buying games i like that had been expoited but it was luck, cause i just liked the game. :)
I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that I had 3 games with secondary hacks. But I don't see myself playing cubic ninja, and you're right that all exploits are patchable. I'm just gonna return it to the store. I can fall back on basehaxx or OoThax updates.

Thanks for your insight.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that I had 3 games with secondary hacks. But I don't see myself playing cubic ninja, and you're right that all exploits are patchable. I'm just gonna return it to the store. I can fall back on basehaxx or OoThax updates.

Thanks for your insight.
Remember to just buy and keep games you like, if you buy a game for a exploit with no intention of playing it, just return it when you are done. Thankfully some games are on eshop to download but i heard some get removed if nintendo finds exploits with them but again, maybe you'll be lucky. I dunno how or when nintendo decides to unlist their eshop titles but my guess is the HUGE AMMOUNTS OF TRAFFIC OF PEOPLE DOWNLOADING ONE GAME AT A TIME Could be why. But just my guess. Try to stay away from the hustlers around the net okay? :)

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to just buy and keep games you like, if you buy a game for a exploit with no intention of playing it, just return it when you are done. Thankfully some games are on eshop to download but i heard some get removed if nintendo finds exploits with them but again, maybe you'll be lucky. I dunno how or when nintendo decides to unlist their eshop titles but my guess is the HUGE AMMOUNTS OF TRAFFIC OF PEOPLE DOWNLOADING ONE GAME AT A TIME Could be why. But just my guess. Try to stay away from the hustlers around the net okay? :)
If I can ask your opinion/knowledge on one more issue:

I've been curious about downgrading for CFW. I know this requires a hardmod, and I have no such skills. So before I jump on that bandwagon and find a service for that, do you know what the physical ramifications are to a 3DS from that? I have the MM N3DSXL, and while it's not in the best condition because I actually play it rather than look at it I still don't want to do anything that could mar the console.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can ask your opinion/knowledge on one more issue:

I've been curious about downgrading for CFW. I know this requires a hardmod, and I have no such skills. So before I jump on that bandwagon and find a service for that, do you know what the physical ramifications are to a 3DS from that? I have the MM N3DSXL, and while it's not in the best condition because I actually play it rather than look at it I still don't want to do anything that could mar the console.
I think hardmods look sexxy, especially if done by someone with experience.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Hell, you could even ask a hardmod installer to hide it underneath the battery cover if your one of those that hates it showing.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hundshamer Is a person in the USA Who does hardmod services, You can click his name in this post to reach him and leave a message for him on his profile page or send a pm (If you can do that)
There is also a list of hard mod capible people who is trusted on this site so if you find one i think they can help, for a fee. :)

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hardmods look sexxy, especially if done by someone with experience.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Hell, you could even ask a hardmod installer to hide it underneath the battery cover if your one of those that hates it showing.
Interesting indeed. I am indeed one of those, mainly because my system is a special edition. I noticed they had wires connecting to the sd reader, though. I imagine that's for the dump and restore capabilities, but do they typically provide the wired reader?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting indeed. I am indeed one of those, mainly because my system is a special edition. I noticed they had wires connecting to the sd reader, though. I imagine that's for the dump and restore capabilities, but do they typically provide the wired reader?
Pretty sure they do. Since you have an XL model, I'd also contact @vb_encryption_vb

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he does them all as well. I just feel like vb_encryption_vb is more active on the forums, so I would imagine you'd get more timely updates with him. Though I wouldn't know. Go with whoever you want.
Listen to the woman Temptress, her magic is always trying to help. She is mesmorizing, her spells will get you. :)

Reactions: Temptress Cerise

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Hopefully soon my 3DS will be as blatantly illegal as my psp and virtual wii.

Once I have wifi at home, my next stop is the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1