BigEyesLuigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hey there. I've a very naive and stupid question:
Should I install AL9H in my old 3DS (11.2)?

I know I can get a lot of benefits from having CFW but when I watch some video guides, the comment section is FULL of people saying they have black screens and other problems...

I'm really scared that my 3DS will be bricked during the hacking process. Is my concern too stupid?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey there. I've a very naive and stupid question:
Should I install AL9H in my old 3DS (11.2)?

I know I can get a lot of benefits from having CFW but when I watch some video guides, the comment section is FULL of people saying they have black screens and other problems...

I'm really scared that my 3DS will be bricked during the hacking process. Is my concern too stupid?
Just follow 3ds.guide

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your big mistake is watching youtube guides. Most of the guides are grossly out of date and or lacking proper information.
If you really want to install a CFW follow a proper guide like this one
3ds.guide
It's well tested and well used. It also has an extremely low fail rate if you follow it properly and don't skip any steps.
Seriously, CFWs are worth having, they seriously add so many benefits to your 3DS. My personal favorite has been region-free and allowing me to play fan-translated/hacked games.

Last edited by The Catboy,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All bricks come from:
1. Follow an outdated youtube tutorial
2. User error
3. Corrupted SD

If you read and follow carefully, there's literally no chance of bricking. And the comment section is full of failures because the ones who succeeded don't bother posting.

Reactions: BigEyesLuigi

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
All bricks come from:
1. Follow an outdated youtube tutorial
2. User error
3. Corrupted SD

If you read and follow carefully, there's literally no chance of bricking. And the comment section is full of failures because the ones who succeeded don't bother posting.

1) they're always throwned upon
2) User error is essentially 99.9%
3) Corrupted SD cards the guide provides software to download to check for safety measures

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think most user errors happen because people either try rushing through the guide without reading the instructions carefully and forgetting something important or them being anxious and / or scared of breaking something and then things go wrong because of that. So if you take your time, read the guide at 3ds.guide and then carefully follow along every single step without skipping anything, you and your 3ds will be perfectly fine. The guide comes with a trouble shooting section and has you covered at all times. If something does not go exactly as the guide says, just read ahead a little bit and you will find the solution to your problem or an alternate set of steps to follow instead right inside the guide.

Reactions: BigEyesLuigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more