Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jdbye said:
$100 for a game.
wtf.gif

Well regardless, duh, yes! It's smash bros for crying out loud!

100 Australian dollar, so that's about 50 euro

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, buy SSBB. I figure if you own a Wii you must own this game. I even think the single player is amazing. Even more so if you are a Nintendo fan just because of the nostalgia factor involved.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ignore goshogun1. the single player is boring. and by, "nostalgia factor" he means, "destruction of innocent childhood memories". seriously, look at mario, he scares me in this game and little kids like him and he likes them okay. and kirby is a pink ball. and meta knight is a pink ball with armor and a sword and a cape. don't play single player.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Louisiana said:
ignore goshogun1. the single player is boring. and by, "nostalgia factor" he means, "destruction of innocent childhood memories". seriously, look at mario, he scares me in this game and little kids like him and he likes them okay. and kirby is a pink ball. and meta knight is a pink ball with armor and a sword and a cape. don't play single player.

nyanya.gif
When I talk about nostalgia factor I am referring to the massive amount of collectibles, remixed music from many composers, and a pretty fun (I have sure seen worse) side scrolling game featuring dozens of my favorite nintendo characters. I don't feel dumb for liking Subspace Emissary, because I have never seen a fighting game have such a robust single player scenario outside of the usual "fight all characters and a boss".

Also, why make fun of Kirby, Mario, and Meta?! They are awesome.
Anyway, ignore me, please.

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Lol You guys are really convincing me but I fidn it hard to buy it seeing I don't wanna pay 100 bucks for a game lol Im not even old enough for a job so I can't get heaps of stuff gamign wise lol I'm looking into egttign bleach coz its only 40 bucks and thats cheap for a wii game over in australia so it's hard to egt it or not and I have like no-one to play it with which is sad I know lol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Louisiana said:

Wow judging by your response you seem very close minded, people are allowed to have their opinions and i respect that but telling someone to ignore someone else? Come on! Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean no one else does. Also you seem to be judging kirby characters soley on aesthetics and have never actually played a kirby game before because if you did you would know metaknight is blue. Calling kirby a pink puff in a demeaning mannor is like saying "cloud is a gay emo kid" or calling kingdom hearts a horrible game based on the sole fact that it features disney characters. Also you should take an english class or two, your grammar is pretty bad (not saying my english is perfect).

on to the topic at hand, I believe if your playing brawl alone than don't "buy" it (you already have twilight princess) because it will probably only give you a few hours of enjoyment. But if you have friends that will frequent your house to play then it is a must buy game.

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
lol I only have 1 friend that frequently comes to my house and thats just 2 players then so it'll get kinda boring anyone wanna suggest a wii game thats been released in Australia and is a fighting game like brawl only still with a story mode.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
If you have a friend or a couple of friends that enjoy this game and you can play with them, GET IT NOW! But if you are going to play solo.. there are so many better / funnier games out there.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3020 said:
Louisiana said:

Wow judging by your response you seem very close minded, people are allowed to have their opinions and i respect that but telling someone to ignore someone else? Come on! Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean no one else does. Also you seem to be judging kirby characters soley on aesthetics and have never actually played a kirby game before because if you did you would know metaknight is blue. Calling kirby a pink puff in a demeaning mannor is like saying "cloud is a gay emo kid" or calling kingdom hearts a horrible game based on the sole fact that it features disney characters. Also you should take an english class or two, your grammar is pretty bad (not saying my english is perfect).

I told him to ignore goshogun1 because his post is ridiculous.

All anyone does in this forum says is "well, you can have your opinion and I can have mine. to each his own! lollers!", instead of actually discussing and criticizing.

Kirby: Canvas Curse is one of my favorite games. The rest of the Kirby games are boring. And Cloud is an emo gay kid. That comparison a with Kingdom Hearts is wrong. That would be judging mechanics based on graphics. Judging Kirby is judging graphics based on graphics.

And my grammar is a lot better than yours.

Gogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should get it! It's still enjoyable if play solo a lot. You could always play via wifi for some fun.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you do decide to get it, it's currently on special for $69.76 at Dick Smith until Monday - get a price match at EB. If you can't get there in time, it goes on special reasonably frequently for somewhere between $60 and $80 - it was $59.95 at Kmart until yesterday.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
lll said:
If you do decide to get it, it's currently on special for $69.76 at Dick Smith until Monday - get a price match at EB. If you can't get there in time, it goes on special reasonably frequently for somewhere between $60 and $80 - it was $59.95 at Kmart until yesterday.
Wow... is that standard prices in US? You can get it for $44 (379 SEK) here in Sweden.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CreX said:
lll said:
Wow... is that standard prices in US? You can get it for $44 (379 SEK) here in Sweden.

No, those prices are in Australian dollars. $60 AUD is about $39 USD or 335 SEK at the moment. Full price is about $100 AUD, which is about $65 USD or 560 SEK.

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
lll said:
CreX said:
lll said:

No, those prices are in Australian dollars. $60 AUD is about $39 USD or 335 SEK at the moment. Full price is about $100 AUD, which is about $65 USD or 560 SEK.

Thanks but sadly the dicksmith in my area doesn't sell games it's sad the lowest I can get it is at 90 bucks preowned but instead of getting brawl I'm thinking of getting a classic controller (30 bucks) taht leaves me with 70 bucks to spend on a game or games I was going to get Naruto COTNR preowned at eb games which is 60 bucks but guess what they don't ahve preowned in stock or even the normal one in stock lol if someone could check the eb games website for australia and find me bargains for multiple games then that would be helpful lol.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Louisiana said:
3020 said:
Louisiana said:

All anyone does in this forum says is "well, you can have your opinion and I can have mine. to each his own! lollers!", instead of actually discussing and criticizing.

Kirby: Canvas Curse is one of my favorite games. The rest of the Kirby games are boring. And Cloud is an emo gay kid. That comparison a with Kingdom Hearts is wrong. That would be judging mechanics based on graphics. Judging Kirby is judging graphics based on graphics.

Your grammar is better than mine? You certainly haven't shown us proof of that yet. Also my kingdom hearts comparison is correct, you were judging Kirby solely on his character design and I was saying many judge kingdom hearts solely on Disney character designs. All you are saying is that your opinion is law, you don't offer any evidence to back up your claims and contribute to the topic at all. If you had actually read my post you would see that I did in fact say something regarding the topic.

Now back to the matter at hand. I wouldn't get a classic controller if I were you, they feel very awkward and uncomfortable. I would suggest buying a used gamecube controller (not sure if they still sell new ones) they are much more confortable and I believe they can do all the tings classic controllers can.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3020 said:
Louisiana said:
3020 said:
Louisiana said:

Your grammar is better than mine? You certainly haven't shown us proof of that yet. Also my kingdom hearts comparison is correct, you were judging Kirby solely on his character design and I was saying many judge kingdom hearts solely on Disney character designs. All you are saying is that your opinion is law, you don't offer any evidence to back up your claims and contribute to the topic at all. If you had actually read my post you would see that I did in fact say something regarding the topic.

Except Kingdom Hearts is a game and Kirby is a character. See the difference? And why do I need evidence to support my opinions?

QUOTE(3020 @ Feb 21 2009, 12:51 AM)
Now back to the matter at hand. I wouldn't get a classic controller if I were you, they feel very awkward and uncomfortable. I would suggest buying a used gamecube controller (not sure if they still sell new ones) they are much more confortable and I believe they can do all the tings classic controllers can.

You definitely need a Gamecube controller.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gokujr1000 said:
Thanks but sadly the dicksmith in my area doesn't sell games it's sad the lowest I can get it is at 90 bucks preowned

That's why I said to get a price match. EB (and a lot of other shops e.g. kmart, dick smith, game, etc) will match other big companies sale prices if you bring them in a catalogue (or a printout, if you don't have the catalogue.) The only problem is that they might ring to check that the other shop has stock, but who's going to be sold out of Brawl?

And a dick smith that doesn't sell games? I thought they all sold games. Unless you're in woop woop there should at least be a copy in price-matching range: http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefro.../product/YG6337

If you're looking for bargains at EB without price matching you'll have to wait until they have a sale, and even then their sales are usually pretty crap except over Christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu