Homebrew Should I get Coldboot Haxchi ooor.....

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about this for a while and I think I really want to install coldboot haxchi. I know, it's not really such a big thing to think about but I mean... Coldboot haxchi essentially becomes your system menu and if I misuse it, my Wii U will become a brick, except that it's made out of plastic. The Wii U isn't the best console ever (far from it lmao) but it's kind of my only form of Nintendo Entertainment that isn't a decade old (I don't have the best laptop in the world). Should I get this or am I not missing out on much. I have a legit DS title and haxchi installed.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a small risk usually only if you do something dumb like delete the ds game or try to move it to a usb drive. But I've had it for a year or two now and never had a problem, wouldn't want to live without it. My Wii U menu is at the limit of 292 games (which include Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, N64 and DS) and I can play any of them I want or dlc or out of region upon boot just by letting the system boot up.

However if you don't have any VC games and only have Wii U games that are in your region that don't have any dlc, there's not a whole lot of point.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're worried just stick to regular Haxchi. Literally the only difference is the ten seconds or so it takes to run Haxchi each time you power on. You aren't missing any features by not using coldboot. I had coldboot on but use my Wii U so infrequently at the moment I went back to the non coldboot version. Just in case anyone else uses it without me knowing and does something stupid. I never ran into problems with coldbooting though. So long as you don't do any of the things it tells you not too, it's fine.

Last edited by spectral,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo