Should I Buya Cubic Ninja?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mad_Boss, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Mad_Boss
    OP

Mad_Boss Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    I've finally found Cubic Ninja at a reasonable price and was wondering if it would be worth getting.

I am using an Old 3ds 10.3.

What do you guys/girls think?

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    no. get ironhax

Last edited by MsMidnight, Jan 2, 2016
    Xenon Hacks likes this.
  3. Octoling

Octoling Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Same place as [INSERT NAME HERE]
    If you want a Cubic Ninja, get it now or never

Ammako likes this.
  4. GenLyfe

GenLyfe Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    United States
    Reasonable price would be around 20$. The price GameStop sells it for. Other than that, you're better off getting IronHax since you're able to right now.

Ammako and MsMidnight like this.
  5. Mad_Boss
    OP

Mad_Boss Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Thanks for the input. Ironhax it is i suppose.

One more quick question, I also have a old 3ds 9.9 with menuhax. Should i update to 10.3 because of the recent advances??

6. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    your choice bud, id do it as o3DS has 10.3 emunand unlike the n3DS assuming you have a n3DS

7. MannCo

MannCo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    It's, for now, the only hax that can't be patched by Nintendo (or that's what people say).
    So yeah, buy it if you've found it for a good price.

8. GenLyfe

GenLyfe Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    United States
    To be on the safe side, just keep it there for now. You can always update it later. There may be a feature you can do on 9.9, but not on 10.3.

9. MsMidnight

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    no its not. ironhax from old eshop downloader

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

nintendo cant auto patch games iirc

10. Mad_Boss
    OP

Mad_Boss Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Thanks again for the info guys.

:)

11. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    It's your choice, I personally recommend doing so because it's the absolute best emergency homebrew entrypoint. I've been on 10.3 and I used CN to get the new MenuHax installed.

12. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Cubic Ninja seems to be patch-proof. It's a nice backup to have, it will always run.
    Nintendo could just delete the old ironhax files from their servers, so you might not be able to re-download it later should you ever need it again

Ammako likes this.
  13. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    Trust me on this: get browserhax -> dl ironfall 1.0 -> get ironhax. Smartest move atm compared to burning $$$$$$ on CN

14. foreveryang

foreveryang GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    don't

15. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    I guess you should go for it if you really want to use Ninjhax 1.1 from a cart, but then again you need to be on 9.2.

Ammako likes this.
  16. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    That's a good point. If he eventually ends up downgrading to 9.2 once memchunkhax2 comes out, he's gonna want to have Cubic Ninja for homebrew access.

17. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    9.0-9.2 can use browserhax, menuhax just fine.
    And then within emunand you can use (almost) literally any entry point for free.

At this point CN is only worth it if you know you're not gonna be able to have a 3DS on 10.3 or lower.

18. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I always forget stupid things like that. Its still good to have Cubic Ninja though.

19. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    In this case CN would only be useful for if you ended up accidentally updating your sysnand, or if you did a stupid and deleted your browser.
    As long as you'd remain on 9.0-9.2, sure, CN is okay to have I guess. But you have so many other options that work just as well. browserhax will always work on 9.0-9.2, and menuhax offline.
    And if you ever accidentally lose menuhax or any other entry point you might be using (oot3dhax), browserhax will always be available to let you re-install them.

It's just not worth spending so much money on CN anymore. Users on 9.9 or above who don't have an entry point can go ahead and update to 10.3 and secure access to Ironhax and Menuhax until browserhax is made unavailable, and then downgrade to 9.2 where they can do everything and Cubic Ninja becomes highly redundant. On 9.3-9.8 you can just carry on using browserhax as normal.

It'd only be really useful again if you somehow got stuck past 10.3, and even then, might as well sell that 3DS because a 3DS on 10.3 or lower would be stupidly easy to find.

Honestly if you already have CN, then that's alright to have. But if you don't, it's definitely not worth spending a cent on it to buy it at this point if you ask me.
    How good is having CN when you have browserhax which does the same thing, for free?

Ok, the one use I could see for CN was if you did a stupid and deleted your browser from sysnand and didn't have menuhax set up nor any other entry point.
    Then you'd be able to use CN to get into your CFW again and re-install the browser.
    But no-one's ever gonna be in that situation, not when menuhax is too convenient for someone to just use browserhax for everything. If you deleted your browser you could just get back into CFW on sysnand and re-install a .cia of the browser as long as you didn't do a double stupid and remove menuhax after uninstalling the browser.

Last edited by Ammako, Jan 2, 2016
    Emulator likes this.