Hacking Should I buy another 3ds or a sky3ds?

Dororo00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok that's my problem
I've two 3ds, an a N3dsXL on 10.0 and a O3ds on the same versión as the first one
I've already known there isn't any way to run CFW on this version, so, i want to play new and future games, but I've read that new games shouldn't work on Sky3ds because of the new Nintendo's anti-piracy systems, but I suppose the sky team have a solution or a new flashcard on the way
So there's the question
Should I buy a new N3ds ( I want it to be a N3ds to play emulators a better way) on exploitable version or should i buy Sky3ds?

PS:Sorry if I have mistakes, english is not my first language :P

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If money is not a problem I suggest to buy another 3DS in an exploitable firmware, is much better than Sky3ds, we don't know if the Sky team has a solution for the new AP, we don't really know if they have a new flashcart in the way, breaking this things isn't as easy as you might think and they may not even know what to do against Nintendo's new mechanisms.

So getting a CFW is better than Sky3ds if you can afford ot with no problem.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed for the price of a sky3ds, you can get another 3DS system that is exploitable and able to run homebrew, game backups (ahem cough) and more. Do bear in mind that if you are 10.0, you can still run homebrew via some available exploits without having to purchase anything else

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that's my problem
I've two 3ds, an a N3dsXL on 10.0 and a O3ds on the same versión as the first one
I've already known there isn't any way to run CFW on this version, so, i want to play new and future games, but I've read that new games shouldn't work on Sky3ds because of the new Nintendo's anti-piracy systems, but I suppose the sky team have a solution or a new flashcard on the way
So there's the question
Should I buy a new N3ds ( I want it to be a N3ds to play emulators a better way) on exploitable version or should i buy Sky3ds?

PS:Sorry if I have mistakes, english is not my first language :P
If you can score a 2DS or 3DS with 9.2 firmware or below, you can get as many games as you want. You also have access to screenshots, cheat plugins, save editors, custom themes, emulators, and more. So in my opinion, you're better off trying to find an exploitable system rather than buying a Sky3DS

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Its probably more hard to find a N3DS on anything less than 9.5 however. (Although iirc the first batch did initially ship on 9.0?)

MiGGamesV1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its probably more hard to find a N3DS on anything less than 9.5 however. (Although iirc the first batch did initially ship on 9.0?)
Was just going to say that, think I will purchase another 3ds soon hopefuly with a low firmware. So would 9.2 be the sweet spot I take it?

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
9.2 or below will be fine. There are various tutorials here on how to downgrade and install custom firmware allowing you to pretty much to anything with the 3DS (Rom loading, cheats, homebrew etc)

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got myself a old 3DS from Argos in the UK. Ice White model for £85 including a game, charger and £5 argos voucher. Came with version 2 firmware :-) I would assume I would need to first update to 4.5? Will look around for some tutorials here.

danielh1402

Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend that you buy a new console. From experience, better CFW.

PD: No te preocupes, se te entiende perfectamente. Lo dicho, mejor una consola con CFW.

Last edited by danielh1402,

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
I already have the new 3ds (with sky3ds cart) unfortunately it is a gamble to purchase these from retail outlets as some seem to have shipped with 9.5 (as mine)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked