Hacking Should I Be Worried?

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, while moving a channel, my wii said "System files corrupted". This has happened twice now, but turning it off then on fixes it.

Should I be worried about this? It only seems to happen while moving a channel so far...

LeonardoGolden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am already on 4.0 using Waninkoko's updater.

And the channel hasn't been the same. It was the same in the fact that it was an injected EarthBound wad, but they were two different channels (one had a different title screen and it had sound).

I'll try to reinstall the cIOS rev10 (I'm asumming it's a patched IOS 60) because the one I installed came from an unknown source.

Kurisai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue too, except my System Menu Files Corrupted screen looked bugged out too. I attempted to re-install 4.0 with Waninko's updater, but it said it error'd after downloading everything.

Either way, I haven't seen the problem since. So maybe it did something while updating it, or maybe the problem fixed itself for me.

atrickpay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my understanding that whenever you install a WAD using homebrew and then delete it using the Wii built in options, you will get a system files corrupted error. I don't know if that's what you did, but it has happened to me and it doesn't cause any problems. It just might leave some files behind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL