ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but still, Flashcards aren't illegal in some countries. Like Canada, last I checked, they're legal. Shame ShopTemp can't be a site that ships to Canada or any other country that allows Flashcards.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dinofan01 said:
Ace Gunman said:
Depravo said:
Ace Gunman said:
Certain parties who shall remain nameless
Why can't they be named?

I don't wish to anger the powers that be, lol. Suffice it to say, if they can tell Paypal what to do, which is a very influential organization since more or less everyone online has to go through it at some point, I don't want to upset the people that wanted ShopTemp dead more than they already are. It isn't so much a matter of "can't" as it is "don't want to".
dont matter. I'm sure wikileaks will give us all the names in a couple of weeks.
tongue.gif
It was the Chinese mafia.

ninja.gif

QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Dec 10 2010, 12:13 PM)
Yeah but still, Flashcards aren't illegal in some countries. Like Canada, last I checked, they're legal. Shame ShopTemp can't be a site that ships to Canada or any other country that allows Flashcards.
Don't they have worldwide shipping? Being based in a country where they're considered legal is different, though I think they're probably legal in China anyway, just PayPal didn't like it.

I'm still wondering, might it be possible for the free shipping option to return so I can make an order using credit?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

yes that is true..but "the powers that be" would find a loop hole to shut them down

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
One door closes, another one opens.........a fact of life to start getting used to, kiddies.
Nothing to be depressed about, just move on (unless you've got outstanding orders, etc. of course).

I couldn't care less if I had no outstanding orders or cleared orders with them..

Then why post at all?

Also, can someone, preferably an admin or someone who is in contact with ShopTemp, check the status of my order?

I'm bitchin' not because I have nothing better to do. As you can see from a few posts up I still have an order which is supposed to be shipped since the 11th of last month. And the tracking is of little assurance that it's gonna reach me anytime

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
QUOTE said:
Speaking of which, I ordered this before the whole "WE TAKE NO MORE ORDERS" thing, and obviously before the "WE TAKE STORE CREDIT ORDERS", but it still says "Awaiting Fulfillment " Perhaps it's not working? Should I "re-order"... assuming I don't get charged again o.0
same thing with me, with the many problems they encountered i think it's normal they arent' as quick as the past; we have to wait, thanks to them for accepting more orders for store credit owners

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Skiller23 said:
QUOTE said:
Speaking of which, I ordered this before the whole "WE TAKE NO MORE ORDERS" thing, and obviously before the "WE TAKE STORE CREDIT ORDERS", but it still says "Awaiting Fulfillment " Perhaps it's not working? Should I "re-order"... assuming I don't get charged again o.0
same thing with me, with the many problems they encountered i think it's normal they arent' as quick as the past; we have to wait, thanks to them for accepting more orders for store credit owners

hmm

*clicks signature*

...no DSTWO though?

shame.

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
stanleyopar2000 said:
Skiller23 said:
QUOTE said:

hmm

*clicks signature*

...no DSTWO though?

shame.

the dstwo is here:
http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sku.2994...Y117532010YLQJS

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
stanleyopar2000 said:
Antoligy said:
I never got round to buying anything from there, but it was definitely an asset to the community while it existed in it's previous form.
Although the circumstances around the closure (although they will probably not be revealed to the `public`) are terrible news to us all, it's also indirectly a compliment to Costello and the ShopTemp Team, as obviously ShopTemp was regarded as a bigger threat then the countless other scammers who are out there.

Good job while it lasted
grog.gif

it was a cease and desist letter from the ESA,

that's what {some rom site} got

that's what DX Got

what Amazon got

and that's what the maker of the Chrono Trigger Sequel, Crimson Echoes SNES ROM Hacker got ( I will never forgive them for that)

that's how those alphabet government bastards work
No, it wasn't
I'm completely aware of what actually happened, it's just we're not allowed to say anything about it.
Although, you couldn't be more wrong.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Antoligy said:
I never got round to buying anything from there, but it was definitely an asset to the community while it existed in it's previous form.
Although the circumstances around the closure (although they will probably not be revealed to the `public`) are terrible news to us all, it's also indirectly a compliment to Costello and the ShopTemp Team, as obviously ShopTemp was regarded as a bigger threat then the countless other scammers who are out there.

Good job while it lasted
grog.gif

it was a cease and desist letter from the ESA,

that's what {some rom site} got

that's what DX Got

what Amazon got

and that's what the maker of the Chrono Trigger Sequel, Crimson Echoes SNES ROM Hacker got ( I will never forgive them for that)

that's how those alphabet government bastards work
No, it wasn't
I'm completely aware of what actually happened, it's just we're not allowed to say anything about it.

yea...I know you can't say anything about it...because "the powers that be" will fine them for all their soul is worth

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
stanleyopar2000 said:
Antoligy said:
No, it wasn't
yea...I know you can't say anything about it...because "the powers that be" will fine them for all their soul is worth
no, because "the powers that be" i.e. GBAtemp Staff are keeping this under wraps.
Like I said, you couldn't be more wrong with your presumptions.
in fact I'd go as far as to say that it's rather humorous how you think you know anything beyond the OP in regards to this affair

Gaara.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zombielove said:
Great.... I finally ordered a new flashcart on November 20th, and it's still not here. I guess I've been fucked over.
"They would also like to confirm that all orders that were paid for will be duly shipped, so there is no need to worry or to claim a refund. Customers who have store credit can spend it on ShopTemp before December 31st"
You're fine.

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
"They would also like to confirm that all orders that were paid for will be duly shipped, so there is no need to worry or to claim a refund. Customers who have store credit can spend it on ShopTemp before December 31st"
You're fine.
If that's the case, then I guess I should be expecting my DSTWO, as I ordered on the 21st of Nov and shipped the next day.

Providing it doesn't get lost or destroyed.

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silent Storm said:
QUOTE said:
You're fine.
If that's the case, then I guess I should be expecting my DSTWO, as I ordered on the 21st of Nov and shipped the next day.

Providing it doesn't get lost or destroyed.
I should also be expecting my DSTWO as well. I ordered mine on Nov. 29th and shipped in less than 24 hours. Hopefully, it'll get here just in time.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
they don't sell flashcards,i understand that
but do they still sell repairment parts and stuff?i was planning on buying a top screen LCD and a DSlite case because mine is basically sucking balls
thanks btw

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
they don't sell flashcards,i understand that
but do they still sell repairment parts and stuff?i was planning on buying a top screen LCD and a DSlite case because mine is basically sucking balls
thanks btw

No, they can't take any orders since every payment plan they've signed up for dropped support for their site. You can't add anything in your cart ATM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2