Shinys in Emerald

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

i'm interested into shinys in Emerald, from what I've heard, shiny pokemon im emerald work different because of battery. Every 2,5-3 minutes I'm getting a shiny frame and if i hit it, i'm going to get shiny, right?

So my question is, right now I'm in front of Beldums pokeball. Will softresetting work to get shiny even if I dont know where is my shiny frame? Also does SR work with other pokemons like Groundon, Mew, Rayquaza...?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Soft resetting won't do the job in Emerald, the only thing that works is running away from battles (which obviously doesn't work with Beldum)

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So how do I get shiny Beldum? Just pure luck?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I heard about RNG abuse and I do not mind to use it, Its kinda coplicated, and i'm not willing to waste so many time on that method.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ruby and Sapphire? Then why it doesnt work in Emerald? So I can still get shiny beldum in R/S by soft resetting?

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the RNG mechanic in Emerald is broken. Your initial seed will therefore always be 0x0000. That means that if you're soft resetting you'll always encounter the same Pokemon when you trigger the encounter at the same time. You will meet a number of different "versions" of Beldum by SRing but you'd still have to be incredibly lucky to get a shiny with this method since you'll always trigger the encounter after a certain number of seconds after loading the save file and most likely, you won't have any shiny frames during these seconds.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Exactly. And you need to make sure that the battery of these games is still working (or the RTC function is turned on in an emulator)

Reactions: Virdoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans