Gaming Shiny Pokemon = More Exp? 9 (Platinum)

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got lucky and was offered a shiny Piplup at the start of the game. Now, at level 45 (and the last evolution) I started noticing that gets around 50% more exp, stating that Empoleon got a boosted exp of *insert number here*.... Does it have a connection?

PS: In Double Battles, he earns more exp thn the other pokemon. He DOES NOT have EXP Share...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He gets more experience because you got him from a trade. Same thing with all other Pokemon you get from trades, the shiny has nothing to do with it.
The reason for this is so you can't abuse the game by trading uber Pokemon early on and blazing through the story, because if traded Pokemon are too high-leveled then they won't obey you.

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh OK, but mine wasn't traded
ohmy.gif
A glitch?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Shiny" pokémon don't get an EXP boost. Period. If it earns more experience that other pokémons, there must be something else causing it, but not its colour.

gumbyscout said:
I believe you can get shinys as starters, but it is abysmally rare. Just like you can get shiny legendaries.

The odds of finding a shiny pokémon, ANY shiny pokémon, are 1 in 8190, regardless of the genre, species, legendary-ness or starter-ness.

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably got the PokeVirus thing...

Its a virus that effects your Pokemon making it grow quicker, or some shit like that...

Edit: It's called PokeRus

Did the nurse at the Pokemon Center say that your Pokemon is sick or whatever?

If you really do have it, I envy you...the chances are slim, even slimmer than a shiny...make sure you spread it to your other Pokemon if you got it cause it'll disappear...

(Sorry if linking is forbidden) PokeRus FAQ

I don't if it effects exp. though, I've never had it, but it does make them grow quicker...

Swifty69

Trophies
XP
Country
Being Shiny has nothing to do with the amount of EXP you receive.

Shiny only makes your pokemon a different color/colors.

There are no beneficial bonuses for your pokemon if it is shiny, they just generally look cooler.

You must either have a traded Pokemon, which you are not aware of, or you are just misreading the EXP received because there is evidence on the official pokemon websites (Smogon / Serebii / Marrilland etc) that shiny pokemon receive NO stat or EXP benefits.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check if there is a sign over your Pokemon when you check it's profile.

If it has PKRS, then it has a Pokemon Virus called Pokerus. It just boosts your EXP. I found it quite useful through the game, but kept some pokemon with it in my PC to preserve the virus.

If it has a happy face that is yellow with red outline, then that means it was infected but not anymore.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DaRealChrono said:
I don't if it effects exp. though, I've never had it, but it does make them grow quicker...

PokéRus doubles the EV (Effort Values) received after beating a pokémon, just like the Macho Brace does. A pokémon with both PokéRus and the Macho Brace will get 4 times the normal EVs, obviously. When they are maxed, your pokémon can get an "Effort Ribbon". After some time (2 days, IIRC), the PokéRus fades. Your pokémon will still hold the benefits of the disease, but will not be able to spread it or get it again.

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Check if there is a sign over your Pokemon when you check it's profile.

If it has PKRS, then it has a Pokemon Virus called Pokerus. It just boosts your EXP. I found it quite useful through the game, but kept some pokemon with it in my PC to preserve the virus.

If it has a happy face that is yellow with red outline, then that means it was infected but not anymore.

It does have the face, so I guessed I missed out a good chance to have something awesome.... Anyways at least he's shiny XD

Thanks everyone for posting

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokerus is all luck. If you want it legitable that is. You can also use Pokesav if you want...

Here is the best way to make it look legitable: Use Pokesav to make a pokemon with Pokerus. Since it is a virus, keep it in your party, so that while you walk around there is a chance for your party pokemon to get it. Then if it worked, try to get one pokemon infected with pokerus then put it in your PC box to preserve Pokerus.

Be warned, Pokemon only get Pokerus once.

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I always thought pokerus was actually pretty common. hell I didn't even know what it was in ruby until I noticed the black dot on my groudon and some other pokemon had PKRS in their summary. like almost all of my friends had it too.

I also had a shiny Sandslash in that game... yeah... it was awesome...
I was going for a shiny version of a DIFFERENT pokemon then suddenly this little green Sandshrew popped out of no where. I now like that shiny more than the one I was going for.

unsure.gif
was I just lucky?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one