Shiny locked legends?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Joshmas, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Joshmas
    OP

Joshmas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2014
    Hey guys i know its probably wayyyyyy to soon to be asking this. But does anyone know if the legends are shiny locked in this game of moon, my instincts tell me they are but just thought id ask.

2. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    They'll probably do what they did with X and Y, keep the main legendaries shiny locked except for events later down the road, and the lesser legendaries will probably be legit shinies

3. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    I don't think anyone's checked yet. I know every 3ds game so far has had shiny locked main legendaries if it's any consolation so it's a say bet to say the same about Sun/Moon. I do want to know though, I don't want to pull a victini again where I soft resetted for hours till someone found out it was shiny locked :(

osaka35 likes this.
  4. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    Legendaries/Ultra Beasts/Cosmog/Magearna are all shiny-locked.

5. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    I have the boot ntr pokemon moon plug-in and the cheat that makes all pokemon shiny. So what was that about Nintendo locking shiny legendarie pokemon?

6. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    Shiny lock means that you can't encounter regularly the Pokémon in shiny form. In the later gens, several legendary are shiny locked so people won't soft-reset until they got shiny legendary. SciresM twitted that all legendries in SM are shiny locked and your ntr cheat don't prove anything.

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Cheating is easy though, and ruins the point of the game if you ask me.

anonynom likes this.
  8. Tentacles

Tentacles Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    They're also not legal Pokemon so they wouldn't be able to do anything with them (trade/battle).

9. MegaKyurem

MegaKyurem GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    I haven't tried yet, but Necrozma MIGHT be able to be shiny-hunted, seeing as you find it in tall grass. As far as I know Gamefreak usually shiny locks the legends because they have OW models, and shinies would mess up the cut scenes (You see the nonshiny in OW and then find a shiny in battle).