Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
Edgedancer said:
Sorry but I cannot say I know what you are complaining about? Could you possibly show what is wrong as insulting the GBAtemp staff, particularly mthrnite is the equivalent of making a puppy cry.

Couldn't say anything about making a puppy cry...but plenty of people on this forum have made ME cry, and Mthrnite never seems to give a good god damn. Because none of the Admins ever does anything to the people who are mean to me. They flamebait me and get away with it. Nothing ever gets done if I complain about it to Admins...and when I finally can take no more, and then react...since Admin won't do their job...then I get warn increase/ban.

To hell with that. Mean people suck and should be punished. The flamebaiters should be punished EVEN BEFORE I HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM...Admins should do their job. but, no, they'd rather just re-victimize the victim. It's just like in grade school...the teacher NEVER sees the schoolyard bully BEING a bully...only sees it when the victim finally reacts...and then...just deals with the symptom (punishes the victim) and never deals with the actual problem (punishing the bully.)

Sorry again. I am not meaning to be rude but can I see a specific example of the mods not doing their jobs.
To be frank, there are thousands of posts that get few onto this site daily and the mods are simply not going to be able to monitor everything that goes on. They have lived outside of GBAtemp and this essentially volunteer work for them. I am not attempting to say that your feelings are negligible and don't matter, because they do. By making threads like this and replying in a hostile fashion you are simply allowing those that pissed you off to win and you want to hold yourself to a higher standard than that. Sometimes, you simply have to shrug off a couple of criticism's so that they do not taint the grand community that is GBAtemp.net.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol why are you people paying attention to this girl? i swear she better not be talking about gp32x forums...and why is she crying to us about being sexually abused?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DaMummy said:
lol why are you people paying attention to this girl? i swear she better not be talking about gp32x forums...and why is she crying to us about being sexually abused?

Seriously she could be trolling, but why take the chance? If there is any chance at all that she is what she says and is just an emotionally fragile person, why be a dick about it.

Try being human.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you really need to grow a freaking backbone. If you're seriously crying from people flaming you on here, you need to get off the internet. Period. It ain't the staff's jobs to punish people because you're too sensetive. Seriously, grow a back bone, don't take what people say quite so seriously. Otherwise you're just going to keep looking like an attention whore, and you're going to keep getting flamed. This very topic is nothing more the a flamebait.

It's the internet. Grow up.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
@ Domination - Then WHY don't the Admins TELL me that they banned him so I could take the satisfaction of knowing someone who was mean got what they deserved?

As long as I do not KNOW they have been punished, then, as far as I'm concerned, they weren't.

@Empreror = Thanks.
Exactly. why do people have to be such dicks? Try being human.
You think it's easy for me to talk about all this shit?

All I am basically asking for people to do is try being human. Either
A - be nice to me OR
B - leave me the hell alone.

Is THAT so frigging hard?

That is truly all I really want out of this topic. I want those who will be nice to be nice, and cool and we can talk about computer/gaming stuff. And for those who are gonna be dicks - just do it to SOMEONE ELSE.

@ Bazamuffin - I am not a troll. Since WHEN is it trolling...To ask people to try being human...and to either be nice to me or just leave me the hell alone? I literally am not able to take mean-ness. So I'm asking those who would spew it...to do it at somone else...someone who CAN take it. Because I can't.

And because I can't...I'm asking the Admins to be more attentive with regards to taking care of flamebaiters, before a bad situation gets worse, and then I end up being the one who gets punished, because I don't see the job being done (i.e. the flamebaiters being stopped/punished - and they go right on continuing to be mean...instead of just leaving me the hell alone if they don't like me.)

I am, quite literally, very close to tears, begging people to either just be nice or leave me be.
Why does it take reducing me to that to get a little humanity?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
People have been mean and will always be
I'm sure there are some people on that other forum as well

The moderators and admins try their best to stop flaming and trolling, but its Impossible to stop them all...
And they possibly warned a lot of people. But you can't expect them to tell you about all of that, as thats not how the system works.

I personally have been flamed hundreds of times, but I'm still here. (possibly because my reaction to it is different). I've also seen people being flamed and probably flamed myself. Nothing to do about it.

I know one other friend that was a bit like you (he couldn't stand being flamed and stuff) and he tried to kill himself due it (Luckily we prevented it). Make sure that NEVER happens to you, its not worth it.

If you really don't like all those people, go to My controls > manage ignored users. Add all the names of the people that were mean to you and their posts will disappear for you.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
tj_cool said:
If you really don't like all those people, go to My controls > manage ignored users. Add all the names of the people that were mean to you and their posts will disappear for you.
No they don't. You can still see the person posted in a thread, you can see their topics, all the "ignore" option does is put spoiler tags on their post. Well in that case you might as well just ignore them manually.
rolleyes.gif
The ignore option as it is now is next to useless.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
At least the content of the posts get removed (which was what I meant)
It just gives an option to un-ignore, thats all you see.

And you can't receive PMs from them (I think)

But if you don't like that Idea, then thats your problem
If it was useless, it wouldn't be there, would it?
wink.gif

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question. If you are already getting flamed, firstly.. Why take it out on the Admin? They may run this forum but they are ONLY FUCKING HUMANS. Secondly, Why the hell would you post that you have mental disorders or were abused on the fucking internet! I know people who have had abusive parents, been raped and are mentally unstable, but they have only told one or two people that are really close to them. It is not something you tell people on a forum.
Seriously. I call bullshit.
Also, just to make it clear, I am NOT flaming you. I am pointing out that either, you are less fucked up than you say you are, or that you make no sense.

EDIT: Just realised. If you have had such a big problem with flamers here, why come back? It's obvious that you wouldn't like it here, so I'm confused about the nature of this thread ._.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
tj_cool said:
No they don't. You can still see the person posted in a thread, you can see their topics, all the "ignore" option does is put spoiler tags on their post. Well in that case you might as well just ignore them manually.
rolleyes.gif
The ignore option as it is now is next to useless.

EXACTLY!!

Posts merged

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Nov 28 2009, 05:34 AM)
At least the content of the posts get removed (which was what I meant)
It just gives an option to un-ignore, thats all you see.

And you can't receive PMs from them (I think)

But if you don't like that Idea, then thats your problem
If it was useless, it wouldn't be there, would it?
wink.gif

You can see it when someone else quotes them. It's useless.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Shinryuji said:
I have a question. If you are already getting flamed, firstly.. Why take it out on the Admin? They may run this forum but they are ONLY FUCKING HUMANS. Secondly, Why the hell would you post that you have mental disorders or were abused on the fucking internet! I know people who have had abusive parents, been raped and are mentally unstable, but they have only told one or two people that are really close to them. It is not something you tell people on a forum.
Seriously. I call bullshit.
Also, just to make it clear, I am NOT flaming you. I am pointing out that either, you are less fucked up than you say you are, or that you make no sense.

EDIT: Just realised. If you have had such a big problem with flamers here, why come back? It's obvious that you wouldn't like it here, so I'm confused about the nature of this thread ._.

Listen. You don't know me. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DOUBT WHAT I SAID, IT IS ALL TRUE.

I'm only telling this stuff...TRYING DESPERATELY TO APPEAL TO A LITTL HUMANITY IN ORDER TO ASK PEOPLE TO BACK THE HELL OFF ME, OKAY???

You think it's easy to talk about this shit? You think I really WANT to?

No, I don't, but since assholes will listen to nothing else, I am BEGGING with tears in my eyes...TO BE LEFT THE HELL ALONE by people who are not going to be nice!!!!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
see, thats how easy it is to misunderstand posts
that was a good example of a so called 'Flame' pointed to me
while it wasn't intended so
wink.gif

thats what happens all the time

the ignore user thing has more features than just removing posts, btw
wink.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried very hard to manage your issues, but you cannot manage your own. I tried to help you, you would not let me. The only way you would be satisfied is if I did everything you told me to, and you did exactly what you wanted to, regardless if you you were breaking rules in the process. That doesn't work here. You are not allowed to rant all you want about anything you feel like, and then rant at the moderators that try to rein you in for your own good, and for the good of the board.

As for your problems, they are your own. All pain is local. You cannot expect people to treat you special, and then bully them when they don't. Well, you can, but not on this forum. You've ignored my advice and my warnings, and in short, you seem to have no notion of anyone else's feelings but your own. If you continue to use your problems as currency to get what you want, and continue to see yourself as above the rules due to your life situation, and continue to bully those that do not agree with you, you will continue to get warnings until you are banned from this site.

If you want to play nice, and follow the rules of the forum, you are welcome here, and we will work with you to make you as comfortable as is possible within our means to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out