Hardware Sharp releases 3D screen, no glasses required

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome, but didn't we already know it wouldn't be the kind of 3D used by the DSi?

Also, I feel bad for Rayder
frown.gif
Poor guy...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Well then, it looks like the DSlite will be my last hand held after all. If they're gonna use some magic screens that require both eyes to see the 3D image, then the 3DS will be useless to me since I only have one eye to see with.
Not all games will be in 3d , some games will used the extra power ( I hope they have)
smile.gif

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Apr 3 2010, 08:15 AM) Awesome, but didn't we already know it wouldn't be the kind of 3D used by the DSi?

Also, I feel bad for Rayder
frown.gif
Poor guy...
ha !!!! I was right my friend did not believe me , he keep putting that stupid video about dsi ware on me .... ha!!!!
tongue.gif

this sounds sweet
biggrin.gif
3d movies on the 3ds
biggrin.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BTW, @Rayder: if you keep your eyes away from the screen for more than 30cm or something, it won't have a 3D effect anymore, so you could still play then. Also, as KingVamp said, not necessarily all games will use the 3D effect.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although it doesn't confirm anything, this is what Nintendo should have given us before doing little upgrades like the DSi.

I hope Nintendo utilizes the screens from Sharp and not some stupid gimmick up their sleeve >_>.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rayder said:
Well then, it looks like the DSlite will be my last hand held after all. If they're gonna use some magic screens that require both eyes to see the 3D image, then the 3DS will be useless to me since I only have one eye to see with.

I think you can turn off the 3D effect.
smile.gif

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coreyfrog7 said:
i think this is just amazing,,
like i never thought id be experiencing this so early in my lifetime like didnt yesterday we had to wear those blue and red glasses that like removed all the color and gave us a headache..
im just ...flabbergasted
tongue.gif
... does anyone else find this amazing

Its not holographic technology so I don't think it's that amazing. 3D technology isn't new at all. The way Sharp is doing it is new, but its nothing to get excited about. It seems gimmicky IMO. I mean, will it really add anything to DS games in terms of gameplay or will it just deliver the same types gameplay with a '3D effect'?

I'm more interested in the additional 3D processing power the 3DS is supposed to have and any other improvements. And I'm more worried about possible 'DRM-like' features Nintendo might implement on top of what they've implemented in the DSi.
unsure.gif

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Hiz_95 said:
Chanser said:
But but but I'm saving up for an iPad.
frown.gif

Lets see how good these Sharp 3D screens are.

Why would you want an Ipad?
This
Yea, because most of us want to replace our giant screen TV's that run 1080p with a device that isn't even wide screen or 720p. My current TV is a 32in CRT with 1080p looks amazing because it has a infinity viewing angle doesn't matter where site, ipad not so much.

Can't wait for E3, it's in june right?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murkurie said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Hiz_95 said:
Chanser said:
But but but I'm saving up for an iPad.
frown.gif

Lets see how good these Sharp 3D screens are.

Why would you want an Ipad?
This
Yea, because most of us want to replace our giant screen TV's that run 1080p with a device that isn't even wide screen or 720p. My current TV is a 32in CRT with 1080p looks amazing because it has a infinity viewing angle doesn't matter where site, ipad not so much.

Can't wait for E3, it's in june right?

rofl2.gif

Yea i think it in June... June come here faster!!! :/

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
another source here at Boston.com. The source indicates that Sharp's screen will feature FWVGA resolution (480 x 854 pixels), 500 cd/m2 luminance, and a contrast ratio of 1000:1. Note that again, it doesn't mean that the 3DS will be using that specific model or even be using Sharp's screens.

Couple of interesting things with this. First contrast ratio is almost double on these new screens. Double that of the DS/DSi screens, so we are looking at far better true black levels, and screens capable of more clear reproduction of dark and light shades, and wider vewing angles. (Atleast for 2d)

ref: http://www.displaymate.com/psp_ds_shootout.htm

Second thing, if the sharp screens are to be used, comment on the sharp screens is that objects wont appear to -pop out of the screen-, like some people assume, but rather these screens give depth to distance .. So I guess the way we perceive a wall to be behind a coffee table, but don't expect things anything to appear -out- of the screen at all. Pretty much, closest point of depth perception looks to be at physical screen level itself with 3d effect giving layered distance and depth behind an object there after.

Quote"However, the main difference concerns the image depth. Actually, on either Sony or Panasonic’s 3D TV, the image would emerge from the screen… But on Sharp’s mobile 2D / 3D LCD, the image provides a great sensation of depth without making you feel as if the image is coming out from the screen."

ref: http://en.akihabaranews.com/42041/

I can vouch atleast in so far as the glasses variety of new HD TV's that objects are perceived OUT of the screen and into your face. (Like "woah".) Looks not to be the case with this, but it's still going to give a pleasant effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Briefcase 69 did I win