Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Vidboy10 said:
benjaminlibl said:
A chili dog is a regular hot dog, EXCEPT there's chili con carne on the top. I dunno whether I can anyhow link all these pictures like these but here:

395692484_0fef8d7278.jpg

It's the red stuff on the top.
Why are you showing us diarrhea in a hot dog bun?

Hey, I resent that. At least it's good tasting diarrhea.

xoinx said:
@mrfatso: i think you can still get something similar from botak jones, they have the hotdogs with corned carne thing, can go try it, but the ones there feels so much more sinful than what you would have gotten from a&w.
Really?

I've had some bad experiences with Botak Jones, mainly the waiting time pisses me off. The food is not bad though.

QUOTE(Domination @ Aug 1 2009, 12:20 PM)
National Day next fucking week!
Five words that probably should never be used in the same sentence..

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
xoinx said:
not just burger, its western like steak, hotdog, fries etc, at pretty affordable prices. serving used to be HUGE, but i think they cut down cos ppl were saying they couldn't finish etc. they are damn generous with the corned carne though. you should try it sometime, i wouldn't say that its fantastic, but its a good place if you have a craving for western.

haha, that sounds like what my friend told me about carls jr, they told me the serving was huge, and just one meal will be too filling, in the end, i came and i told myself, arghh, still so hungry lol
tongue.gif

Anyway, i guess i wait till christmas or when i have more money to spend(probably after september
biggrin.gif
)

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Domination said:
Yay. National Day next fucking week!(yeah...too much disrespect) Holidays! And 44 years of glory and success! Long live Singapore!

And the only hotdog that I eat remotely often is Jumbo Hotdog from Golden Village cinemas when I watch movies.

Speaking of gv, I haven't watch Harry potter yet. Shit.

Edit: Anybody like this year's theme song?

IMO, its pretty average, most of our theme songs are good at best anyways, nothing great. Always repititive. But at least this year is more guitarish, which of course, makes me happy
biggrin.gif
Yay rock.
hmmm the only national day song i like is 'home'... the rest were meh. mostly because of kit chan's vocals... jj lin's version wasn't that good either come to think of it :S harry potter was so-so... emma watson is hot though! shit, i envy my friends going to brown to study, wah lau can be classmates with her sia!

@benjaminlibl: hmmm, botak jones does have a bit of a waiting time, but nothing more than you would expect from a restaurant, so some can't accept the fact that they need to wait so long for their food when at a coffee shop. for me, i usually go there with some company, so waiting times aren't usually a bother to me
smile.gif
hmmm, actually i'm kind of curious, when did you leave singapore for china? you still sound like you are quite in touch with most things back home... haha or is it that you get to come back quite often??

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
xoinx said:
@benjaminlibl: hmmm, botak jones does have a bit of a waiting time, but nothing more than you would expect from a restaurant, so some can't accept the fact that they need to wait so long for their food when at a coffee shop. for me, i usually go there with some company, so waiting times aren't usually a bother to me
smile.gif
hmmm, actually i'm kind of curious, when did you leave singapore for china? you still sound like you are quite in touch with most things back home... haha or is it that you get to come back quite often??
I dunno, most restaurants don't usually make me wait one hour before I get my food. Or is that normal?! Haha maybe I'm just spoilt.

Yeah, actually I do go back quite often. Once during CNY, once in June/July and sometimes again at the end of the year.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
benjaminlibl said:
xoinx said:
smile.gif
I dunno, most restaurants don't usually make me wait one hour before I get my food. Or is that normal?! Haha maybe I'm just spoilt.

Yeah, actually I do go back quite often. Once during CNY, once in June/July and sometimes again at the end of the year.

i guess so, i did wait around 1/2 hour ~ 1 hour++ when my parents bought me to a restuarant but luckily, i have my DS to waste time
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(xoinx @ Aug 1 2009, 03:35 PM)
well, that's what happens with national education is very successful in a multi-cultural society HAHA. ppl accepts each others' languages and assimilates them together to form a weird amalgam called singlish haha... but that's what adds the local touch to conversations when you are in singapore, at least it makes me feel at home
smile.gif

ya, quite a bit of singlish, that's mr brown's style... but then again, if you had gone through ns already, you'd probably find the army fighting language one very much more familiar and funny!

i guess i find that out in a year or 2 time
biggrin.gif

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
benjaminlibl said:
xoinx said:
smile.gif

i guess so, i did wait around 1/2 hour ~ 1 hour++ when my parents bought me to a restuarant but luckily, i have my DS to waste time
biggrin.gif
Lucky la you. If my parents brought me out to a restaurant they wouldn't want me playing my DS but talk to them instead.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
people integrate other race's language to make themselves look more... pro or something. (for my brother's case.)

this year's theme song's like erm.. i dunno. more modern but news say old folk (and teh people who rather have more singaporean-like songs)don't like it?
oh well.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrfatso said:
what to do? I am in game programming course...

I can count the number of females in there just using my hands, around 7 of them and all taken. If not, not pretty at all.

Elsewhere, i have no idea, these few days has been a tad busy for me, even if i do go to school during my holiday, it would be to do project stuff, 9 to 6 in one boring room
frown.gif
Aww, how about your dating service? You should take advantage of that.

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Cablephish said:
mrfatso said:

I can count the number of females in there just using my hands, around 7 of them and all taken. If not, not pretty at all.

Elsewhere, i have no idea, these few days has been a tad busy for me, even if i do go to school during my holiday, it would be to do project stuff, 9 to 6 in one boring room
frown.gif
talking about dating service... its really funny how the government is trying real hard to try to boost our birth rates. they started an agency called sdu to try to provide free match making services for desperate people whole worry that they are not up to finding one themselves... but then they realised that that's not enough, cos they respondents were mainly in the early 30s and they had to target younger people if they wanted to be more effective, since as you get older, your fertility gets affected etc.

so now, they try to target students who are about to enter university, by sponsoring orientation camps! its funny how they actually force camp organizers to include speed dating segments for guys to meets gals and hook up etc. and the best part is, they actually adjust the sponsorship amount based on how good the response for the speed dating segments are! and they don't stop there... if you belong in the civil service and are in the late 20s and still single, you usually get spammed by matchmaking emails. its almost like they keep hounding you till you finally decide to get married and have children.... its may be an effective strategy, but only because ppl want to get sdu off their backs!

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
lol, that might be a pretty good strategy, nag them till they get married, of cos, once they stop doing that, its back to divorce. Hmm, could this be the reason why divorce rate in singapore is pretty high as well?

Cablephish said:
mrfatso said:

frown.gif

there isn't any decent looking females in there haha

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Our government is effecient in all areas but that. Pushing people doesn't always work. And our birthrate is still as low as always. I'm saddened to see that despite baby incentives and etc, our government put in so much effort and money, people still refuse to have children. Whats the use of so much money, so much GDP andso much investments if we don't have any successors?

And i bet birthrate will drop instead of rise anyways. Singaporeans are too busy with work thats why. We have no time whatsoever. Our cost of living is too high, a single working parent may not be enough, for the average worker. And Singapore is changing too fast, our currency is always rising, our food and etc all rise in price. Its all about $$$$ go up up up. Who will have time to care about children? We can't blame the government, neither can the government blame us.

Btw, my sec 1/2 history teacher is leaving for Germany this wednesday
frown.gif
I have to send her a farewell message but don't know what to write.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I think she is leaving for good cos her husband is german. Sad.....

I hope she comes back to Singapore. We are such a nice country.

Oh yeah and. I was reading about Temasek Holdings and what happened to that goodyear guy? He decided not to take over as CEO? Shocking.... Temasek is such a rich and big company with investments all over the world.... What happened?

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Domination said:
I think she is leaving for good cos her husband is german. Sad.....

I hope she comes back to Singapore. We are such a nice country.

Oh yeah and. I was reading about Temasek Holdings and what happened to that goodyear guy? He decided not to take over as CEO? Shocking.... Temasek WAS such a rich and big company with investments all over the world.... What happened?
fixed... though they are still rich, but i think their net worth dropped like 30% or something over the past year.

i think you should go dig up the temasek holdings news from end of last year if you want a better idea... in short, they made many bad investment decisions, esp. the bank of america one which was very controversial, and decided to cut loss when the markets were at the bottom, i.e. they made huge huge huge losses. if temasek holdings is a fully private company, that wouldn't be a problem, but the issue is that they are actually supposed to be managing the our national income/surpluses etc, which means their bad decisions lost a lot of taxpayers' money >:(

as for the goodyear thing, it's probably because he just couldn't adapt well to the culture of working in a state-linked company. previously he was always managing fully private companies, so he probably expected more autonomy than was given. so in the mean time, the Lee family is in control of temasek holdings again... Ho Ching who stepped down is resuming as CEO for the time being until another candidate can be found.

honestly, if you ask me, the whole goodyear issue may be just an attempt to focus public attention away from the losses incurred and instead at the appointment of a new CEO. but that's just me...

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I know, obviously in a share plunge, something like Temasek holdings will get affected bad. But it was extremely rich. So its not much poorer, just less rich.

Ho Ching is a good CEO.... she made little slip-ups. And thats what made TH so strong during the economic peak.

As for the Lee family, can't comment about that....

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
shit, i'm down with fever and flu-like symptoms... hope its not h1n1 :S went to see a doctor and she told me to stay at home until next week... sigh... was supposed to go for the actual ndp cos my gf got tickets, now not even sure if can attend
frown.gif

btw, tamiflu is fucking expensive... my consultation was $108, most expensive visit to a clinic ever!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up