SFIV

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by eltrut, Feb 16, 2009.

?

Which are you getting?

1. Just the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Game and the cheap Arcade Controller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Game and the Limited Edition controller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Street fighter is SOOO early-90's!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Feb 16, 2009

SFIV by eltrut at 3:19 AM (1,293 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. eltrut
    OP

Member eltrut GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm getting this game when it comes out for 360, limited edition then buying the cheaper arcade controller to play it with.

Even if I only play the game just after it's released I still think the controlller is a good buy as i can use it for all the other arcade games on XBL, not to mention it will work on my PC so MAME will get 100 times better.

2. Nottulys

Member Nottulys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I already got the Collectors Edition paid off for the PS3. and I should be getting some PS2 to PS3 adapters in the mail pretty soon, so I can use a old Fight Stick.

3. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I voted 'just the game' but in all fairness I'm getting that boxed set for PS3 as it's the best value by far. I never get those special editions as most the time it's useless crap (stickers, keychains, shirts) nothing of real value. The PS3 comes with Ryu figurine(4" I believe), SFIV anime (70min movie), a dual comic/strategy guide, the full game soundtrack, and some other digital bits to add in the game. All that comes at just $20 more. Considering I feel any video game over $50 is a ripoff and would rarely pay that it was the most logical. In the end it's a fighting game, and yah I'll come back to it over time but it isn't going to get $60s of more immediate satisfaction so the set made sense. [​IMG]

Oh yah if you get it at Toys R Us (either way) you get a 4" Chun Li figure they made just a few thousand of.

4. damole

Member damole GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm just going to get the game, but I sure am excited!

5. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    have not played sf4 yet but i am still very skeptical of the whole project. HD remix is more my style, but the xbox pads are shit. i pre ordered 2 of the sf4 'fightpads' from playasia. ken and akuma.

6. TanookiSuit

United States
    Well the project I can tested out a bit more (as you call it.)

It appears they have some new adaptive AI type of difficulty that kicks in at a different pace depending on what difficulty you start with. If you play in difficulty one or two it doesn't do it. If you do it on easy(3 of 8) only Seth will use it on you after the first round and it makes it super obvious considering the smack he lays down in comparison to the first round.

If you play on 4/8 (medium-default) 1/2 way up the ladder (fight 4 of 8) the adaptive AI kicks in immediately in round one. Round one will be a bit easier than the second as it will be learning your tactics, but if you spam one too much even in that round it'll whoop your ass, and in round two (and three) it gets just nasty. As it stands I can't get without dying beyond round 4 or 5 on Medium, but I can nail the game on Easy (3/8.) I know I'm not out of practice as I still mess with the old SF2 tree of titles, and in all fairness SF4 feels much like SF2Hyper Turbo Whatever that was remixed on PS3/360. It has that more tight fighting style, the charge up bar, and the rest...but once the adaptive ai kicks in, it's more like a beat down you'd expect from like the old days of MK3 or Killer Instinct where it's 'normal(fair)' and then goes cheapass 3 fights into it where it goes like thug on LSD on your ass.

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'll be getting the PC version when it comes out.....by whatever means is most convenient at the time. [​IMG]

That probably means actually (gasp) buying the damn thing though. I couldn't care less about special whoop-de-doo controllers. My Logitech Dual-Analog Rumblepad (looks like a Playstation controller) will be good enough for me.

It's so rare for a FUN game to come out on the PC that it's worth it for me to actually buy it. I guess it all depends on how fast a pirate copy of the PC version comes out as to how I'll acquire it. [​IMG]

They really should follow-up the console/PC versions of SF4 with an old-school (2D sprites and all) version for the DS/PSP. Just choose the best of the old-school style SF's and make it for the handhelds. Maybe even a compilation of a few versions of old-school SF. While WE would all just likely pirate it, I'm sure there are enough suckers....err.....I mean people who have no clue about flashcarts who would buy it in a heartbeat and they would rake in all kinds of cash from EVERY current platform in existence.

8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    no wonder i had a hard time on medium, i was fighting the last boss Seth and he was sickly easy on round 1, but when i started round 2 he was almost impossible to beat.

9. TanookiSuit

United States
    Yup it's a weird one alright. I can't say I've really seen what that game does in another fighting game of that 2D plane style, maybe some 3D titles do this but I can't stand 99% of those so I don't buy them.

10. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I took back my 360 version and got a PS3 version. The controls were too terrible with the 360 controller. That being said I'm not really impressed with the PS3 controller either. I feel like I'm going to snap it in half or the things just going to crumble. I don't think the new PS3 controllers are as good a quality as the PS1 and PS2 ones myself. I'm kind of sick of this wireless gimmick as well, I hope they go back to the wired ones in the next console they are much more responsive.

11. notchristopher

Member notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The limited edition controllers are going for $500 on ebay. It's crazy. Luckily I pre-ordered mine. Can't wait.