Hacking setting up switch for kids for christmas on 4.1.0 message says update firmware ????????

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep spewing this BS?

Because they are using crap SD cards and blaming it on the Switch. I've had an ExFat 256GB card in there since I got the system almost a year ago and never had a problem with it corrupting... and I'm constantly writing and reading from it.

People are using cheapo dollar store cards or messing them up when connecting and removing them from their PC and wondering why they mess up... must be the Switch that 99% of other people aren't having trouble with.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No real benefit of staying on 4.1. If you use ChoiDujour to update and not burn eFuses. Then use autorcm, you will have the ability to downgrade by flashing your nand backup back to nand. Like I said some games work when using tinfoil and others won’t. Tinfoil is an nsp installer. I’m on 5.1 from 4.1 myself and haven’t had the need to update further yet. Think only 2 games require higher than 5.1 right now, but that will change. There is no current way to patch games that I’m aware of.

Good luck

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
People say that the exFAT implementation from Nintendo is faulty and corrupts the filesystem. Idk if this is true or not, but I haven't had any issues with exFAT or RetroArch yet. I don't bother with anything above 16 bit systems though, so maybe it has something to do with certain cores. But again, I've had no issues with exFAT. You?

I had my exfat card get wiped once but this was very early on in the scene.

But I've had no issues since

Reactions: brickmii82

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep spewing this BS?

Because they are using crap SD cards and blaming it on the Switch. I've had an ExFat 256GB card in there since I got the system almost a year ago and never had a problem with it corrupting... and I'm constantly writing and reading from it.

People are using cheapo dollar store cards or messing them up when connecting and removing them from their PC and wondering why they mess up... must be the Switch that 99% of other people aren't having trouble with.
There are other posts on this matter. Let’s not hijack someone else’s thread to make a moot point that has no real proof either way and make assumptions.

@slickric33 Just update you can always go back if you keep your eFuses intact.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

Last edited by kylum,

Scubahood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before you do anything else idI recommend restoring your nand back to its original state. By installing NSp's on your sysnand you will now be banned the second you go online. Your best bet is to start over, create an emunand using SXOS then update that to 6.1

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set up Emunand before you started installing NSP's? If you didn't you will be banned the second your console connect to the internet
Thanks for the heads up but we never connect to the Internet so I'm assuming I'm good and I don't have to do that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi , all is well, downloaded castle of hearts and :a system update is required in order to use this software, cancel or update, i read about using tinfoil, is it goldleaf or tinfoil, what the heck is the difference, which one to use and how , maybe a qiuck 1,2,3 how to so i can avoid and bypass this thank u merry christmas to all

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a system update is required in order to use this software, cancel or update any answers ??????? thanks tinfoil or goldleaf and what to do

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a system update is required in order to use this software, cancel or update any answers ??????? thanks tinfoil or goldleaf and what to do

Some games require 6.2 and a simple firmware requirement bypass does not work. I don't know why everyone was saying only update to 6.1 because 6.2 works fine with SX OS now. I'm on 6.2 and have zero issues, just make sure you have the latest/highest SX on your SD card.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newer games require 6.2 unfortunately. I updated my systems via choidujourNX and I did not regret it. make sure your CFW supports it (newest SX OS or atmos).

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why ?? Sx pro works on 6.2 now

Some games require 6.2 and a simple firmware requirement bypass does not work. I don't know why everyone was saying only update to 6.1 because 6.2 works fine with SX OS now. I'm on 6.2 and have zero issues, just make sure you have the latest/highest SX on your SD card.
Because on November, 6.2 did not work for like a week on any CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ