Hacking Setting up a9lh from existing cfw

William Thomas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have gone through and read everything on https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki this guide many many times. I am very thorough when attempting something of this magnitude, and have come to a question that I need help with before I proceed. First, some info.

N3ds Sysnand 9.2, emunand 11.0. Using menuhax to autoboot ctrboot manager into reinand. Everything works great as is, but I want a more pure setup. The guide states in the getting started section that 9.0 to 9.2 with existing cfw can start on step 3, however that step appears to be setting up rednand and unlinking the nands, which is the environment I already have set up. If I were to follow that guide, it seems I would lose my current emunand environment and end up cloning my current sysnand again which would not have my nnid linked to it. If this is correct, it seems I would need to start by using emunand 9, backing up my emunand, copy all contents of my sd card to my pc, then starting from step 4, downgrade to 2.1. Before I proceed, I would like to have some input from more experienced users. Thanks for the help in advance.

Oh, I did convert my emunand to a rednand if that matters, but I don't think it does.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can backup your current emuNAND and keep it on your computer along with the contents of your SD card. You can follow the tutorial from the beginning and then at the end, restore your current emuNAND backup instead of emunand_original.bin, and copy your SD card backup back to your SD. It's possible to cut a few corners but for a first timer, following the guide verbatim is best.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not just replace Reinand with Luma and then do part 4?

Before...the guide told people with 9.0-9.2 and an existing cfw to switch Menuhax to type 1 with D-pad down and start at part 4 and pretend that everytime it says Rednand to read Emunand since they are basically the same...

No idea why it changed...

Last edited by Amapola62,

William Thomas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed a9hl and luma3ds on my N3dsxl. Thank you both for your assistance. I backed up my rednand, followed the guide using my existing reinand instead of luma (I installed luma at the end though). Everything is smooth as butter.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.