Seriously forget Gamefaqs

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still check out GameFAQs for stuff, the walkthroughs can be useful, for example. I've never been moderated there, but then again, I don't try to push things to the edge of decency all the time either.

It's funny how some people think that just because they are online and are more or less anonymous, they can act any way they want but then get ticked-off when it bites them in the ass and they get banned or otherwise moderated when they blatantly break the rules.

Most people DO know that there are certain words that are not acceptable on most forums. Don't know why some people think they are somehow exempt from those restrictions. Entitlement issues or lack of etiquette I guess.....

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
Never knew that GameFAQs forum's sucks that much
ohmy.gif
I only go there when I'm looking for some specific information about a game.

And what's the problem with Brawl ???

Nothing is wrong with the forums,some people just get whiny when they get modded or banned for something stupid they done...its no different then any other forum really including this one,every forum has a a group of people on it that I wouldn't mind tossing into a blender...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The mods are really the only problem with the forums. While I see nothing wrong with this one (Referring to anything as retarded has always been moddable) and calling a mod a nazi is never going to end well.

The mods do regularly abuse their power. Something they don't like, and it will get deleted, and then they will try to twist the tos to fit what ever they have deleted it under (illegal activities, spam etc). I had a post telling someone how to copy something to the 360 hdd deleted for illegal activies, the tos was twisted to make it so, two mods backed each other up, until eventually it was overturned by admin.

There's no real way to complain about them either, they have free reign. If you try to complain that one is abusing power or similar, you'll just get told it's not possible as the other mods will catch them out when people use the appeal moderation thing. Yet even when something is not a violation, the mods just back each other and twist it to make out it is. Every decision I've ever had overturned has always been via admin, and the mods know not many will do it as if the appeal fails, you lose the ability to do it again for a month (I think, can't remember exact time), so the mods basically have free reign.

There's is also no consistency, one person will do something and get a no karma loss violation, some on else will do the same and get a -3, depending on the mod who dealt with it and of course there is no way around it, no other mod will step in on an appeal and say they think it was a bit too much and change, they'll just back the other mod.

It's really not hard to see why the forums have such a bad reputation.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ThePeon said:
I was typing this but I did type in the quote not after it sorry

True but as host also you must show manners or you will never get guest and your will be alone for the rest of your life. There you have it see

So you did, my apologies dude I never noticed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P