Serious Question about ROMS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sinx4lyfe, May 15, 2014.

1. sinx4lyfe
    OP

sinx4lyfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Can you rename them? Meaning for bravely defaults i can rename it to BestRpgEver.3ds and gateway will read it? i ask this because some scene release has or properly named as something else. (patiently waiting to recieve my gateway)

2. Flopp

Flopp Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2013
    No, Gateway will ONLY load a predefined list of roms. When a new game get dumped into a .3ds you need to buy a new Gateway-version that will load that filename, or rename newgame.3ds into something like Mario Kart 7.3ds.

Ps. It's also case-sensitive and you must use Times New Roman, 12 size and 1,5 spacing. Gateway 3.0 will support Wingdings

3. Twinuts

Twinuts Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    dat troll :rolleyes:
    renaming is ok, the gateway only cares about title ID and cart ID to deal with the saves.

sinx4lyfe likes this.
  4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It doesn't matter. If you name it GatewaySucksMonkeyBalls.3ds it'll still load it.

reece71079, soaresden and sinx4lyfe like this.
  5. sinx4lyfe
    OP

sinx4lyfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Lol thanks just making sure :lol:

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Also if you want your roms in a specific order on your M-SD card then at the beginning name it:- A GatewaySucksMonkeyBalls.3ds then B .. and so on and if you want to load an in between rom then just name it AA or BA and so on then you can have your roms in any order you want on your Gateway Multirom menu, just make sure you use FatSorter app. when you have finished.

sinx4lyfe likes this.