Hacking Serious problem.

WiizyBaby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Shizzza's channel loader(the wad file), it was my first time ever using a wad, so I did some research on how to install it and I did it using Wadmanager.
My problem is that, although it installs successfully, once I select start the screen goes black and then suddenly restarts to the wii menu. I unistalled it and resintalled using various wad installers and wad manager, and it still won't work. I obtained more wads and tried to install those but they have the same outcome(Wiiware and VC games).

I was advised by clarky to uninstall my wads and uninstall Cios249, so......

I re-downloaded Djtaz batch of files, and the Cios uninstaller by wan(renamed too boot.dol & boot.elf and placed in a folder into the apps folder) I uninstalled all the wads and that went successful. i encountered another problem trying to uninstall my CIOS, the app launches and detects that i have IOS249 but when i try to uninstall it it tells me "
IOS could not be uninstalled (ret=-2011).

I installed CIOS249 w/ read retry over it and it was successful, i began to install wads which did install, went to WII menu and the same problem I had is still happening(Selecting the channel and pressing start just brings me back to the wii menu after about 5 seconds)

Well now when i launch the .3 launcher from the homebrew channel, the launcher loads but when i press load game it will either freeze after displaying the settings or display a permanent green screen(i tried with a whole range of games that i played myself on .3)

Basicially:
I CAN install and I CAN uninstall WADs but when i select them it sends me back the wii menu, and now the launcher does not work for me(but it worked flawlessly before).

I'm on 3.1U NTSC Wii. i have HBC 8. I installed the 3.3safeinstall update(wii still says 3.1U though) from djtaz i think, and retried with same error(wii still says 3.1U though).

Problem was resolved....here's how(after I updated to 3.3v2U:
noobwarrior7 said:
1) Copy all files off of SD card to back them up on your pc
2) Format your card FAT
3) obtain IOS16 if you don't already have it
BREATHE

4) get from a pack on here, which Im sure you can find:
-cIOS_fix.wad or cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad (this one preferably)
-Wad Manager 1.3
-Wad Manager Modified by davi92 to use IOS16

5) If you don't already have the HBC, get the newest versions installer and install it, just for ease.

6) Put the wad managers and the wads where they go on the SD card.

6.5) Boot the wii and run Wad Manager 1.3 and install IOS16 wad
let us know if that doesn't work, because THAT is unheard of.

7) Reboot Wii. Run the other Wad Manager, the modified one.

8) install at least either of the cIOS's mentioned above.
never attempt to uninstall a cIOS again, no matter what you read.

9) let us know when you've accomplished all of this

10) at this point, if you just wanna get straight into backup loading, you can do this:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114373
using WAD Manager 1.3

11) if you really want to downgrade though, you can now run
"IOS Downgrader 1.0"....it may give you errors a couple times, but no biggie, run it again.
do not run "cIOS Downgrader" it does not accomplish what you want.

NOTE: just to be safe, unplug any and all GC and USB devices while trying to do this stuff.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
WiizyBaby contacted me via PM before...advised the dude to basically uninstall everything and try again using Taz's package...

apparently he was gettin the same "reseting to Wii menu when running loader error" as described by a few people yday..

would really like to know who's package everyone has been using, thats causing this stuff..

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like he may have updated his wii to 3.3 v2 and its still able to install wads but there are errors on it - it try downgrading to 3.2 if he hasnt already and then start from scratch using the WIIHOWTO.html file in my zip

Im uploading a new one right now but its pretty much the same as the last one bar one or 2 cosmetic changes.

WiizyBaby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the wii setting menu it says i have 3.1U is it possible that it lied to me?
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

bobbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just joined to add this:

My buddy ALSO has 3.1U firmware, and doesn't have online (so can't update w/o on disc firmware) so no worries about the newest update. He's using MY SD card, that I used succesfully thanks to the link in djtaz's sig. He's having a very similar problem. At first, HBC did the black screen restart, so he used the Wii's normal channel manager to delete HBC, and zelda exploit to reinstall it.

It works now, and Quake through HBC works, but Tetris does not. He then followed the same steps as I did (from his description, I wasn't present at the time), as denoted through djtaz's sig. Wiigator channel doesn't work (black screen, restart), and neither do some Wads I gave him. BUT, some Wads DO work (older ones mainly).

EX: World of Goo = doesn't work. Mario 64 = works.
Also, any Wad I've tried on my system has always worked, EXCEPT Dr. Mario (Wiiware). That game does the black screen restart (I've tried, NTSC, PAL, and freethewad region free wads, from multiple places, all the same problem)

I'm posting this in case any of this info can help those in the know resolve this issue.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Dr mario requires ios37 as does world of goo.

use wadpacker to change the ios they depend upon and both games will work on 3.1.

WiizyBaby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh I uninstalled HBC 8, reformat my wii, reinstall using TP hack, reinstalled CIOS249 and ran BUL .3 via homebrew channel and still no luck getting any games to work(except my original TP game, but all the games i have worked before perfectly with BUL .3) or getting any WADs to work.

I installed the channel BUL .3 version(WAD) as well but that just goes black then restarts to the wii menu as before.

So ya I'm still stumped....(I never installed CIOS247 or w/e in case ne1 was wondering)

EDIT:I tried playing WII Music(worked perfectly on .3 for me before) and it did not freeze, but instead got a disc could not be read error(first time ive ever encountered this).

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use anytitle deleter to uninstall cios 249 and reinstall ios 30 and 36 from a wii update from a disc. Then reinstall what you ned should work sounds like your cios has corruped formating the wiii changes nothing

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ok uninstall everything again..(i know where repeating but stay with me..)

1. format completely mate like u jus did before

2. completely power down your wii removing the power cable (some code hangs in mem apparently)

3. http://20clarky08.googlepages.com/SD.rar use this package all it contains is
> HBC beta 9 installer
> cIOS ReadRetry Fix installer
> WadManager 1.3 and WiiShizzza's Channel with latest fixes..its the only wad.
> theres a twilight save in the package but its pal just replace the "private" folder with your NTSC one

i have just used this to softmod a brand new wii to test it out and its now loading Fifa09 nicely so it is working.

1. run twilight and install HBCb9
2. go to HBC and run cIOS installer its labelled "1. cIOS Installer.
3. go back to HBC and launch "2. WadManager 1.3" and install the only wad it will find.

you should now have the latest HBC and WiiShizzza channel installed.

let me know how your get on mate determined to get this fixed for ya.

EDIT -- Muck Chucker beat me to it...if your cIOS is corrupted then follow his advice.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bobbo said:
Just joined to add this:

My buddy ALSO has 3.1U firmware, and doesn't have online (so can't update w/o on disc firmware) so no worries about the newest update. He's using MY SD card, that I used succesfully thanks to the link in djtaz's sig. He's having a very similar problem. At first, HBC did the black screen restart, so he used the Wii's normal channel manager to delete HBC, and zelda exploit to reinstall it.

It works now, and Quake through HBC works, but Tetris does not. He then followed the same steps as I did (from his description, I wasn't present at the time), as denoted through djtaz's sig. Wiigator channel doesn't work (black screen, restart), and neither do some Wads I gave him. BUT, some Wads DO work (older ones mainly).

EX: World of Goo = doesn't work. Mario 64 = works.
Also, any Wad I've tried on my system has always worked, EXCEPT Dr. Mario (Wiiware). That game does the black screen restart (I've tried, NTSC, PAL, and freethewad region free wads, from multiple places, all the same problem)

I'm posting this in case any of this info can help those in the know resolve this issue.

Actually - that is very helpful - it looks like the 3.1 version doesnt like some of the newer DOL files - my buddy had a similar problem and i think he is on 3.1 as well - worth updating to 3.2 with one of the update discs .... can someone let them know which one has 3.2 ?

I think mario kart may have one but not sure which update.

WiizyBaby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have wifi access myself, and muck chucker I dont seem to have ios36 or at least its not viewable via anytitle deleter(I did successfully uninstall CIOS249 w/ it which is nice since i couldnt uninstall it using anything else.....)

So clarky should i update to 3.3v2 via nintendo or what?

WiizyBaby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
='( Nothing has changed......The channel still goes black then the Wii Menu pops up again.

Cios249 installed fine btw.....

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
am at a loss with your Wii mate...i honestly dont know whats up with it.

only advice i can offer is to do a full update and hopefully it should atleast get you back to a clean starting point.

uninstall the lot and update to the latest firmware then follow this guide on softmodding the latest 3.3

a_running_pir8's 3.3v2 guide

WiizyBaby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, quick question before I do though once i go through the 3.3v2 guide I can still fully participate in installing homebrew and running backups right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==