Separating VC from Wiiware, with system channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wyattz, Jan 19, 2012.

Jan 19, 2012
  1. wyattz
    OP

Newcomer wyattz Member

United States
    I am using Wiiflow to select VC and Wiiware games from an emulated nand off usb hdd, that also has Wii games in a wbfs folder. I don't like having Virtual Console games mixed in with the Wiiware titles though, and I don't like clicking the fishbowl icon to flip through wbfs, emulated nand, system nand and whatever else. Ideally I'd like to have a channel that takes me right to all VC games, and another that takes me to Wiiware.

I've tried creating a second wiiflow and nand within another folder (USB:/VC/nand, USB:/VC/wiiflow, and USB:/VC/apps/wiiflow), and while I could create a system menu forwarder that pointed there with CustomizeMii, wiiflow would error. I had some success making another partition on the usb and putting another nand there that just has VC games, but that partition cannot be launched directly to from a channel.

Any ideas?

2. themanuel

Member themanuel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I"ve done it with CustomiizeMii's forwarder creation function, so it should work.
    Another alternative is to inject the whole wiiflow dol into the channel, instead of a forwarder.

3. wyattz
    OP

Newcomer wyattz Member

United States
    I like the dol in channel idea. What do you mean when you say you've "done it" with CustomizeMii? Can you be more specific, I mentioned the program when I talked about having it point to a different partition on USB.