NULL

Sensor bar really just ir signals??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by corbs132, Nov 22, 2006.

1. nloding

nloding GBAtemp Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    United States
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I'm going to look into making two small IR emitters that I will mount exactly 1/2 way down the sides of my TV ... in theory, when the Wiimote is pointing towards the screen ... the cursor is where I'm aiming the Wiimote.

Or am I wrong? Has anyone else tried this?

2. rabbit1654

rabbit1654 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2006
    Gambia, The
    So yesterday I finally got my Wii and one of the first things (of course first i did a little sports) was trying to enlarge the sensorbar cable. So I thought just to solder a piece of cable into that sensorbarcable but this was not so easy as i thought.
    The sensorbarcable (two wireed) is one of the hard to solder coppercable which is isolatet by any extraterrestric material (don't know the name). So yesterday evening I had the sensorbarcable cut of and wasn't able to fix/solder it again - very very sad situation.

Today I went to an local electronic shop and they fixed the cable +2,5 meters of normal coppercable. So noone is falling over that damn cable again and sports are back online.

Anyway - what proppably everyone figgured out already - the sensorbar is really only gettin' the power over the cable. It's just emitting IR signals which are only used for the pointer. Try it yourself - pull the sensorbar out of the Wii while playing a game of your choice (i tryed bowling). It works just fine without the sensorbar - so long you aren't in a aiming or pointing playing situation - i think ;-)

so far... anyway i would be happy about an wireless solution - just pluggin' the sensorbar into an adapter an that one in a power suplly socket

3. Virtual-Wii-noob

Virtual-Wii-noob Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2018
    United States
    Yeah you can just use two candles if your sensor bar is broken

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I'm honestly quite impressed you were able to find a thread from over 12 years ago.

NULL