Sega announce 3ds virtual console line up

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Sega plans to bring GameGear games to the 3DS version of the Virtual Console were announced at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco today. The company has since shared a specific lineup.
The first round of games will include Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Drift 2, The GG Shinobi, Dragon Crystal Shirani's Maze, and Columns.
Unfortunately, Sega did not say when the games would be released and how much they will cost. This information will presumably have to wait until Nintendo has made similar announcements about its own portable retro lineup.
source
i hope neo geo pocket hit virtual console

Z

Zorua

Meh, I never liked Sega much. But anyway, I bet that this is good news for a lot of people.

EDIT: 600th post!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. You know, the Game Gear was always overlooked, even though it was very powerful for it's time. Well hey, at least it has something to relate to in battery life. ZING!

Sonic Drift 2 wasn't that bad, and I'm sure Sonic & Tails 2 will be good. I wonder if the Game Gear Mega Man games will be ported over. Then it'll have something to relate to with lots of ports. OH MAN I'M GOOD!

But really though, this is good news. Maybe it'll give more people a chance to see the GG's true potential.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I never played the Game Gear in it's heyday but I've played a few games recently and they're sorta ho hum. I'm sure a Game Gear kid would say the same about Game Boy games though.

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
monkat said:
GG Shinobi wasn't bad, IIRC.

And Sonic & Tails 2 can't be....y'know....horrible...right?
i don't think sonic & tails 2 is that bad, at least not bad as than this:
[youtube]1c9jDoFcyqA[/youtube]

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great, another opportunity for people to diss the 8-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog, which was a pretty damn good game and is unfairly underrated, everyone did it when the Master System version came out on the Wii, the GG version 90% the same game.

I don't know much of the GG games library, but I know the Sonic games are quite solid (except Labirynth and perhaps Spinball).

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still have my Sega Gamegear, along with Sonic the Hedgehog. Only problem with it was that it ate batteries for breakfast and you literally had to carry around a 48 pack of batteries if you wanted to play it on the go. It would have been a great device if it wasn't a battery guzzler and so effing big, which is essentially what killed it.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice lineup. I guess they'll only release portable games on the 3DS VC, trying to keep home games at home and portable games portable.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic and Tails 2 was not horrible, it was just a bit rushed as far as the final product goes.

SEGA if this your 'gift' to us Sonic fans for the 20th Anniversity then you better start stepping your game up PRONTO!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`d much rather see Sonic Chaos then Sonic Triple Trouble... Still nice that they`ve ad GameGear games to VC. Hopefully we`ll see GBA games eventually as well.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only game gear games I look back fondly on were Ecco and Sonic. Hopefully they bring those orders. Id be more impressed if they stop emulation randomly and force you to play a "insert new batteries" mini game!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is people so concern about Mother 3?! It must be as big as FF if I didn't play it before. Then again, where's Mother and Mother 2?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the ONLY good game I remember playing on the Game Gear (granted, I hardly touched the GG at all...
laugh.gif
)

[youtube]w_wHcwta42U[/youtube]

GIVE ME THIS SEGA, GIVE ME THIS SHIT, AND GODDAMN THAT LEVEL 1 BOSS! (I never beat it, lollers)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb