Seedbox VS Usenet

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by science, Oct 27, 2008.

1. science
    OP

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    I've decided to go with either purchasing a Seebox or a Usenet connection, because I want to start downloading Xbox ISOs off of my schools internet connection, and I don't want to get caught with torrents. What is the safest way to go? Will I be detected with a SSL usenet connection? What are the advantages of either?

2. Banger

Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

Oct 31, 2007
    United States
    It really depends, I am not much into Usenet myself. But with a Seedbox you have at least 2 means of getting them to your host computers. Most common would be FTP and HTTP.

3. Carnivean

Carnivean STARMAN

Jul 11, 2006
    UK
    Seedbox = Torrent Protocol

I'd go with UseNet or rapidshare. I used rapidshare for two years of college myself, download most big releases there.
    Nothing negative happened.

4. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I can't really give you a rundown of the pros and cons of each as I have never used either, but personally I would go with a seedbox. That way I can keep up with my private torrent sites and get a really good ratio there (I know you have a what.cd account science) and get any big files I wanted.

5. science
    OP

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Yeah, I was thinking thats why I would like to go with a seedbox, but I'm just confused as to how I get the files once they have been downloaded. Can anyone shed some light on that?

6. phoood

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    probably ftp. if you want to try usenet, you can always get a block account at usenet-news. use my referral link if you do happen to use it;)
    right now I'm grabbing files through usenet, but with your connection you should be able to leech anything at a decent private tracker and maintain a ratio without spending any cash

7. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    The company usually loads a ftp upload application on it so you can just ftp stuff to your computer.