Seedbox VS Usenet

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by science, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008

Seedbox VS Usenet by science at 1:16 AM (2,119 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    I've decided to go with either purchasing a Seebox or a Usenet connection, because I want to start downloading Xbox ISOs off of my schools internet connection, and I don't want to get caught with torrents. What is the safest way to go? Will I be detected with a SSL usenet connection? What are the advantages of either?

2. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    It really depends, I am not much into Usenet myself. But with a Seedbox you have at least 2 means of getting them to your host computers. Most common would be FTP and HTTP.

3. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    Seedbox = Torrent Protocol

I'd go with UseNet or rapidshare. I used rapidshare for two years of college myself, download most big releases there.
    Nothing negative happened.

4. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    I can't really give you a rundown of the pros and cons of each as I have never used either, but personally I would go with a seedbox. That way I can keep up with my private torrent sites and get a really good ratio there (I know you have a what.cd account science) and get any big files I wanted.

5. science
    OP

Member science science rules

Canada
    Yeah, I was thinking thats why I would like to go with a seedbox, but I'm just confused as to how I get the files once they have been downloaded. Can anyone shed some light on that?

6. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    probably ftp. if you want to try usenet, you can always get a block account at usenet-news. use my referral link if you do happen to use it;)
    right now I'm grabbing files through usenet, but with your connection you should be able to leech anything at a decent private tracker and maintain a ratio without spending any cash

7. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    The company usually loads a ftp upload application on it so you can just ftp stuff to your computer.