Searching for a good mobile dolphin machine...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kai98yoshi, Jun 17, 2017.

1. kai98yoshi
    OP

kai98yoshi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

I'm searching for a mobile gaming device which is capable of emulating gc games and isn't bigger than a Nintendo Switch. Games like Paper Mario: TTYD, Mario Kart DD and Super Mario Sunshine should run in fullspeed. (They haven't to be rendered in HD, the original resolution is okay, too)

Thank you for your answers.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Maybe a mini Windows 10 tablet? Dolphin has a fairly high resource requirement for decent speed. It emulates not just the CPU but the GPU, audio, I/O, etc.

3. bananapi761

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    It's possible, just not at a very playable speed, unless you have a Nvidia Shield or something. I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, and I can only run Kirby Air Ride at full speed on the menus. Gameplay is about 10-20fps.
    If you want to try it anyway, get the latest Android development build of Dolphin here - https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

4. kai98yoshi
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Are there better devices than the GPD WIN? Not only the size matters, the device also should have integrated controller elements...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The price doesn't matter. I want full speed for Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario 2.

Last edited by kai98yoshi, Jun 17, 2017
  5. 1vanchom

1vanchom Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    I was going to say... hey, the gpd win is currently the best device using ishiiruka dolphin... but you just sayed that a moment ago...

maybe if you are looking for a smartphone I could recomend one with snapdragon 835 processor... like samsung s8 with vulkan api... it can handle a lot of games... (maybe 70% of the games) just buy a ipega controller and thats all...

I actually have a xperia x compact tha uses snapdragon 650 and it plays 40% of gamecube ttitles with full speed... also some of wii games like smash bros brawl can play at full speed... but android dolphin is more inestable than windows one...

now... want a windows device with integraded controllers like the gpd win, but more powerful? me too.

mario sunshine works almost perfect in a smartphone with snapdragon 835 (I don't know paper mario) but I think it coud works too

kai98yoshi likes this.
  6. kai98yoshi
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I hope for GPD Win 2 :D

Or at least for a good gc virtual console for Nintendo Switch... with widescreen support and no ghosting.

Last edited by kai98yoshi, Jun 17, 2017