Hardware SDXC Cards and vWii

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any vWii users having decent luck with SDXC cards (64GB and 128GB)? I remember reading about people having luck with XD cards on classic Wii. One more thing. Has anyone found any XD cards for a decent price. It looks like 64GB cards are within the 25 - 35 USD range and 128GB cards are between 50 and 75. I want to use this card for Nintendont and before someone blurts out the fact of USB loading, circumstances force me to use SD cards.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still want to know, I am using a 128GB card for usbloadergx and nintendon't. I originally had it in the sd card slot but usbloader gx does not load wii games from sd so I was using wiiflow and everything worked fine. Eventually I grew tired of wiiflow and moved back to usbloader gx using the sd card with a usb adapter.

I bought this card for about $40 and have had no problems with it. As a bonus it came with the usb adapter that I am using.
http://www.amazon.com/SCT-Digital-Ultimate-Extreme-S-F128-RT-550/dp/B00EOJ8HTE/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1422885079&sr=1-6&keywords=128Gb sd card
Also when using the adapter you can ustealth the card so you don't get the format drive message from the wiiu.

As far as I know you can use any size card you want in vwii but to do the original hack i.e. smashstack you need a 2gb or smaller card.

Edit - I only use this card for wii games now. I moved all of my gamecube games to another sd card that stays in the sd slot. Nintendon't has issues with having two usb devices connected. My wiiu hdd and my sd card adapter used for usbloadergx and wii games.

So I have 3 storage devices connected to my wiiu.

Reactions: narutopet112

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still want to know, I am using a 128GB card for usbloadergx and nintendon't. I originally had it in the sd card slot but usbloader gx does not load wii games from sd so I was using wiiflow and everything worked fine. Eventually I grew tired of wiiflow and moved back to usbloader gx using the sd card with a usb adapter.

I bought this card for about $40 and have had no problems with it. As a bonus it came with the usb adapter that I am using.
http://www.amazon.com/SCT-Digital-Ultimate-Extreme-S-F128-RT-550/dp/B00EOJ8HTE/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1422885079&sr=1-6&keywords=128Gb sd card
Also when using the adapter you can ustealth the card so you don't get the format drive message from the wiiu.

As far as I know you can use any size card you want in vwii but to do the original hack i.e. smashstack you need a 2gb or smaller card.

Edit - I only use this card for wii games now. I moved all of my gamecube games to another sd card that stays in the sd slot. Nintendon't has issues with having two usb devices connected. My wiiu hdd and my sd card adapter used for usbloadergx and wii games.

So I have 3 storage devices connected to my wiiu.

AWESOME! Did you ever try using your 128 GB card with WiiWare games? Just curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...