toblerone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello out there!

I am new to this board. I have been reading a lot of great stuff around, which helped a lot.
I am trying to set up the SDL Mame Emu on my Wii.

The Problem is, i get the "...is not a valid Wii application" (the German version
wink.gif
).

The usual elf dol thing, i thougt, as i am using the newest Version of the Homebrew channel.
So i converted the boot.elf to boot.dol and stored it in /apps/mame.

The current setup on my SD:

/SD/apps/mame: boot.dol
/SD/mame: /cfg, /nvram, /sta, mame.ini
/SD/mameroms: a single rom, but as mentioned, i am not able to start the emu.
/SD: mamefs-fs

I tried the files from the Wiibrew Wiki and a package i got linked from somewhere around the GBAtemp board.
Anybody any idea how to fix this? I tried to convert to .dol 3 times. Also tried the .elf file or the .dol file stored in the root directory.
Would be nice if anyone eventually got a link to a source which provides a working fileset for SDL Mame (besides the Wiki).

System: 3.2E (did the Safe update to 3.3, still shows 3.2E, is this normal?)

Greetings and Thanks,
toblerone

toblerone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody any idea?

Could anybody give me a working Fileset?
I think a working boot.dol should be enough.

Or can somebody with a working mame tell me if my Directory and File-Setup is correct?

Thanks,
chillta

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cygoku said:
Bladexdsl said:
dont need this now mame games are on VC
Stfu idiot, they aren't all on VC stupid.

Cygoku

you stfu go drink your warm beer and beating the shit out of someone with a hockey stick A?

@ op dont waste your time with this crap 1st it runs in linux meaning it won't run thru hbc. second the load times are fucking pathetic up to 30 mins! by the time the game loads you've lost interest in playing them.

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@toblerone:

Try using the original .elf from wiibrew, and make sure you have WC24 turned OFF - it blocks the emu from loading. Yes, you have your files set up properly on the SD.

@blade:

Yeah, this thing is in early stages and load times are long. But this and other bugs won't get fixed unless people actually try the software, and some of us are just interested in trying apps like these just to see what kind of progress has been made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: poor henry. He's a coke addict