Hardware SDHC reading problem

WilliamAlanBaile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought two Polaroid Optima 8gb SDHC cards, and I am having trouble using them with the Wii. The homebrew channel doesn't show anything as being on the SD card unless I take it out and reinsert it a couple times. Also, SNES9xGX, genplus, fceugx, hugo, and none of the other emulators I have which all support SDHC will recognize the cards. I formatted both to FAT32 prior to putting things on them, and I can read them through the Wii system menu (I'm on 4.2 using Waninkoko's updater). I also tested these cards on another Wii that is still 3.2U, and had the same results.

Are there SDHC cards that cannot be read by any homebrew apps? Or do I need to format them in a different way?

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I have that kind of problem too (see my post, posted a few minutes ago). I know that SDHC support only came with Firmware 4.0 so it's normal it doesn't work with 3.2.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im im new to Wii hacking, and ive been around, and JUST from looking, all the guides say SDHC pretty much fails for it, you need 2GB or lower.
Correct me if im wrong

WilliamAlanBaile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be inclined to believe it's only a software issue, since all the emulator's pages on Wiibrew say that they are SDHC compatible. It shouldn't matter what system menu you are on, homebrew apps should still be able to read SDHC cards if they have been designed to do so. I updated my Wii to 4.2 anyway, and my emulators still can't read the cards....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs