OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I've been using a kingston 2 gig SD card for my Wii, but with the release of Guitar Hero 5 I wanted to upgrade to a bigger card so I could fit the World Tour and Smash Hits tracks on it to play in 5. I went out and bought an HP 8 gig SDHC to use. I copied all the files and folders from my 2 gig to my 8 gig so all my Wiiware games and such would be retained on the new card. The problem is now, the Wii won't recognize my card. Not at all. I try to run a wiiware game off the card it says "Unable to load game". I can't run my USB Loader GX because it's on the card, it just goes back to the menu. When I go to the music store in GH5 and try to download a song to the SD card, it won't let me and says Card not supported.

I read online that you need 4.1 to use SDHC cards so I downloaded and installed Waninkoko's updater and now I have 4.1. Still won't read my card. The HBC works with my card, just not anything else. The only thing I can think of is to get rid of all the data currently on the card (from the old card) and put it in the Wii fresh and empty. I would have to reinstall all my WiiWare games and VC games and stuff, but if it's the only thing that will get my card to work, I'm willing to do it.

So, has anyone heard of this problem and can help me with it? I'm desperate right now! I need your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.