Hacking SDHC Card Problem

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I have a SDHC Kingston 8GB Class 4, it used to owrk in my Wii but no longer does!

I put it in my Wii and the SD Icon is grayed out!

It works fine in my PC but not in my Wii, it used to but now it only works in my PC! I used to need an SDHC Card Reader for my SDHC Card but now it works in my SD Card port, I think this is due to a format problem :/

I put it in my Nintendo Wii and it wont read, even when there's nothing on it!

I therefore reformatted my card and it still doesn't seem to have any affect, I formatted it to FAT32 so I don't know what the problem is! Can someone please help me, I don't think it's a problem with the SDHC Card, it still works fine in the PC!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
six exclamation points??? ....that's quite an emphatic original post...

don't know if it'll help, but did you format with windows or the far superior "Fat32 GUI Formatter"....

while the Kingston 2GB SD cards work well, i've had nothing but problems with the Kingston SDHC cards with the wii (with two different Kingston 4GB cards at least)....

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Kryptical said:
If you have Priiloader, did you change the "Use System Menu IOS" to something?

No i didn't change it at all, I don't touch Priiloader

I will try and see if I can use this Fat32 GUI Formatter to format my SDHC card again, thanks
smile.gif

Update: It made no difference, it cudnt see anything on the system menu, went grey as if no SDHC card was in on the bottom left of the system menu!

Also if my SDHC card works fine in my pc then then isn't it more likely an update of an ISO thats the problem, not the card?
I just don't wanna buy a new SDHC and waste a load of money

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
pepxl said:
are you saying its only SDHC cards that are not getting recognised?

if not, try a standard SD(2GB or lower), it wont have anything to do with the SM IOS if the SM boots but wont allow SDHC, 4.0+ are only capable of SDHC support which was introduced with IOS60 and the SM IOS used by each SM is different excludes 4.0/4.1 which use the same IOS

So you're saying it's unlikely to be an IOS problem, ok

I am using my 2GB San Disk SD card at the moment which i used to back up my Wii hardware in this complete soft mod guide, it has my backup in case i brick my wii, but im using it as my main for now!

My 8GB SDHC card is a Class 4 Kingston Model, i'd thought Kingston would be very reliable, I have them for USBs as well so just decided to buy them + heard they have a good reputation!

I wonder if I really will need to buy another SDHC card to test if that is the problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-