Hardware SD Media Launcher, is Codejunkies trustable?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Datel's official Action Replay site so it should be legit. Question, though: what are you planning on using it for? It cannot be used as GC memory card.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but you cannot store saved games on it. It can only be used for launching homebrew. I just didn't want you to waste money buying it as a memory card.

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, but you cannot store saved games on it. It can only be used for launching homebrew. I just didn't want you to waste money buying it as a memory card.
Oh okay <3, thank you dude for the info.
Just a question : Did you use this device on your Gamecube?
Maybe I've found someone I can ask some stuff xD

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay <3, thank you dude for the info.
Just a question : Did you use this device on your Gamecube?
Maybe I've found someone I can ask some stuff xD

No, sorry. I had a Qoob chip when I had my GC. Someone else may be able to explain why the SD adapters can't be used for saves but I suspect it has something to do with the way the consoles address the memory in them.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, sorry. I had a Qoob chip when I had my GC. Someone else may be able to explain why the SD adapters can't be used for saves but I suspect it has something to do with the way the consoles address the memory in them.
The memory card slots use SPI protocol. SD cards have their own command set that's implemented on top of SPI. GameCube memory cards use a proprietary command set. If you put an SD card + adapter in a GameCube and the game is expecting a GCN memory card, it won't get the right identifier, so it'll just ignore the SD card. (Also the game would need a FAT32 library in order to manage the file system anyway.)

Reactions: GreyWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.