Hardware SD connector hell

50CalCoffee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I decided to attempt replacement of the sd connector after some of the pins got mangled, all the pads are fine, used low melt but my janky reflow station(kaleep 8586 fleabay not-so-bargain) is poop & /or my skills

First go I thought went really well but putting the reader back on it popped off again, think another 10 seconds would of been perfect but now I've
Tried 3 or 4 times and can't get the connector to sit the f down, im too stubborn and last attempt I cooked it too long and burnt and knocked the joycon latch etc and just made an unholy mess

Don't think my hot air puts out anywhere near what it's set at & this connector boils my p
I know I can hook it up with jumpers but, I didn't, now I'm too far gone, 3 hour rage sesh.

Anyone recommend someone to finish the job? Even if it's just wired up, I've no energy left and I can't even look at it now, I'm disgusted in myself

Also note for anyother newbies like moi that are thinking about replacing this connector, don't it's Satan's A hole, also realised (too late) I could of just replaced the 3 pins that came loose & touched them up with the iron, they pop in and out farely easily (found this out after first attempt and had to rebuild/reattach every single pin after pop off.. Which took an hour )

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_045003.jpg
    IMG_20200501_045003.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 154

andres1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i have a same problem, i think use liquid tin but i not shure

i buy 10 this fpc conector for try

when i try soder this fpc I've always resulted in loose pins xd

50CalCoffee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also hovering over a bulk buy of parts, might use this board for practise hmm. Think in my case I applied too much heat & warped the connector, hence why it almost worked the first time then failed the rest, maybe requires underboard heat & pressure up top with tweezers. Ontop of that My 11 pin is shot now & I burnt my hair, which sucks
Post is so bad just now too, vaccine will be out before I fix this. This was meant to be Christmas present for the kids woops
one of my boys has autism and breaks everything but I was planning on docking and wall mounting this so he can only break the controllers, meanwhile just fixed 3 backup ps4 controllers but the ps4 is crap for kids games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1