Hacking Sd card wiped need help

infiniteloser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend sd card wiped everything. I can get it to boot into luma and checked Show NAND or user string in System Settings and pressed start to confirm settings after that i get an error thats says Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM. Please use external one. I tried doing a CTRTransfer but when i hold start it just goes to a black screen and goes no further. Any help would be apreciated

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My friend sd card wiped everything. I can get it to boot into luma and checked Show NAND or user string in System Settings and pressed start to confirm settings after that i get an error thats says Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM. Please use external one. I tried doing a CTRTransfer but when i hold start it just goes to a black screen and goes no further. Any help would be apreciated
What Luma CFW version are you using now? Can you access to the "safe mode" of your console (pressing the combo L+R+A+Up while turning on) and try to update it from there?

Edit: And when you made CTRTransfer, did you use a CTRNAND bin according to your console model and region?

Last edited by fmkid,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Put an additional payload into the SD:/luma/payloads folder and try booting GodMode9 again. → Black screen loading GodMode9

Please backup the current bricked state of the NAND to a know good SD (test with h2test2, F3 or F3X) before attempting any repair. For the record: Wiping the SD will not make the 3DS go "Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM"

Good luck!

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@KleinesSinchen Oh, my... I thought that OP had made CTRTransfer method already and black screens persisted. But it seems he really doesn't even have executed GM9 :O.

My english comprehension level is so poor, definitely! Too bad for me! :blush::unsure:

Last edited by fmkid,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here just slap the contents inside this onto the root of the SD card. Everything inside is up to date currently, in the future when stuff gets updated, just change out the stuff you see here respectively, super simple.

Edit:
Updated the SD files with the addition of FBI.3dsx, that way you can install FBI.cia.

Attachments

• SD Root.7z
    6.4 MB · Views: 200
Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

infiniteloser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response. Its been a little hectic lately. I was able to restore his 3ds. A part of the problem was i selected the wrong CTR Transfer i chose for a New 3ds xl when he had an old 3ds xl. I now have a backup saved just incase something like this happens again.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response. Its been a little hectic lately. I was able to restore his 3ds. A part of the problem was i selected the wrong CTR Transfer i chose for a New 3ds xl when he had an old 3ds xl. I now have a backup saved just incase something like this happens again.
Glad it worked out, hopefully that doesn't happen again lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended