1. infiniteloser

OP infiniteloser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My friend sd card wiped everything. I can get it to boot into luma and checked Show NAND or user string in System Settings and pressed start to confirm settings after that i get an error thats says Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM. Please use external one. I tried doing a CTRTransfer but when i hold start it just goes to a black screen and goes no further. Any help would be apreciated

2. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    What Luma CFW version are you using now? Can you access to the "safe mode" of your console (pressing the combo L+R+A+Up while turning on) and try to update it from there?

Edit: And when you made CTRTransfer, did you use a CTRNAND bin according to your console model and region?

Last edited by fmkid, Aug 11, 2020
  3. infiniteloser

OP infiniteloser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am using the most recent luma and I chose the correct 3ds and region also it just goes into an endless loop on the CTR

Last edited by infiniteloser, Aug 11, 2020
  4. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's backup reminder + fearless testing Sina

Germany
    Put an additional payload into the SD:/luma/payloads folder and try booting GodMode9 again. → Black screen loading GodMode9

Please backup the current bricked state of the NAND to a know good SD (test with h2test2, F3 or F3X) before attempting any repair. For the record: Wiping the SD will not make the 3DS go "Unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM"

Good luck!

fmkid, alexander1970 and ILuvGames like this.
  5. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    @KleinesSinchen Oh, my... I thought that OP had made CTRTransfer method already and black screens persisted. But it seems he really doesn't even have executed GM9 :O.

My english comprehension level is so poor, definitely! Too bad for me! :blush::unsure:

Last edited by fmkid, Aug 12, 2020
  6. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    Here just slap the contents inside this onto the root of the SD card. Everything inside is up to date currently, in the future when stuff gets updated, just change out the stuff you see here respectively, super simple.

Edit:
    Updated the SD files with the addition of FBI.3dsx, that way you can install FBI.cia.

Attached Files:

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Aug 12, 2020
  7. infiniteloser

OP infiniteloser Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry for the late response. Its been a little hectic lately. I was able to restore his 3ds. A part of the problem was i selected the wrong CTR Transfer i chose for a New 3ds xl when he had an old 3ds xl. I now have a backup saved just incase something like this happens again.

8. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    Glad it worked out, hopefully that doesn't happen again lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - wiped,