SD Card Isn't Recognized

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Hellsingrunner, Feb 3, 2011.

Feb 3, 2011
  1. Hellsingrunner
    OP

Newcomer Hellsingrunner Member

United States
    Well, a while back I made a half assed attempt to hack my Wii and install homebrew.

Well when it didn't work the first time I gave up and deleted al the homebrew files off the SD card.
    Unfortunately I think I may have deleted more than I should have, now whenever I go to try and access some of the stored data on my SD card (Save files, downloaded games, etc) It causes the wii to freeze.

My question is what types of files are required for the wii to recognise the SD card? And what other issues could've caused this problem.

Thank you in advance!

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It sounds to me like you left bannerbomb in your private folder, and that is what is causing your Wii to freeze.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    IIRC bannerbomb is saved under the following path--> SD:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin
    Just delete that file and it should load everything again just fine
    if you're not sure what you can delete and what you shouldn't (ie. whatever is unrelated to wii hacking), u can use ModMii's File Cleanup feature to delete files that are only required to mod your wii, leaving everything else untouched.

4. hamato

Newcomer hamato Member

France
    How do you proceed ?
    Because, for exemple 4.1 way with 4.2 bannerbomb file will freeze