Scrubbed games work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tragedies, Sep 27, 2008.

Sep 27, 2008

Scrubbed games work? by Tragedies at 1:04 PM (2,609 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Tragedies
    OP

Member Tragedies GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just a quick question, do scrubbed games work jsut as good as the regular 4GB versions? I want to get a copy of a scrubbed PAL Medal of Honor 2 but don't know if multiplayer would work.

2. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    It works excelent.
    no difference, as it just removes crap/filler data.

3. Tragedies
    OP

Australia
    Ok, good. Problem is, I'm using UseNet and found one thats 1.4GB, and one thats 1.9GB. I don't know which to get. I'd like to egt the 1.4, but would there be a difference? :wtf: shouldn't they be the same size if both are scrubbed?

4. noONE

Sweden
    It sounds like they are from different regions, the 1.9GB beeing PAL, and the 1.4 US/JAP.
    As PAL has (very often) more languages than the NTSC ones.
    In this particular case i.e it is a difference of 500MB, which probably is because of the game using voice acting, and needs a voice/file for each of the languages, meanwhile a non-voice game would be minor difference in as only the text would be changed.

5. Tragedies
    OP

Australia
    Theyre both PAL. O-o

I'm downloading the 1.4GB one, purely because here in Australia we have data caps, and I want to save some usage >_> Here's hoping it works. I've been looking for an online multiplayer game for ages, and I thoguht The Conduit would be the only one.

I checked http://www.binsearch.net/ and found the two scrubbed, check them out (search for Medal of Honor 2 Wii) if you want. xD (I don't know if I'm allowed to discuss that, though).

6. noONE

Sweden
    Well, it might be because they're scrubbed using different versions of WiiScrubber.
    IIRC the newer one removes more filler data.

7. BiscuitCookie

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Wiiscrubber doesn't remove filler data it overwrites them with FF's wich makes it more compressable for faster download.
    Trimming actually removes filler data and decreases the size of the ISO (maybe for faster writing on a dvd) but you need trucha for this or Gecko to play it.

8. Dack

Member Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The 1.0 to 1.2 jump did fix a problem where about 300-400 Meg was marked that wasn't then overwritten - the smaller compressed files result from version 1.2 onwards.

Could account for the size differences in the versions you saw.

Also keeping the headers can make a heck of a difference (about 100 Meg for a 1.4 Gig data sized disc IIRC).