Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
33ykf0x.png

http://filetrip.net/f7645-ScreenShotPNG-Sp...lugin-0-30.html
I want to try this plugin out, but I have pretty much no way to know anything about it, setup, how well it works, anything.
I noticed there wasn't even a discussion link in it, or a home site. And the reedme is mostly garbled stuff.

All I know about it is it's supposed to take PNG pictures when you hit the music note button. Simple and strait forward. But with no readable instructions I don't know how to even install it. (Still really new to this, this is the first plugin I'm trying to install)

I saw another screenshot plugin but it used two (regularly used) buttons and it too had illegible instructions. So thoughts on this for those who have used it or who know how to go about using it? If there is enough interest I'll try and keep this post updated with important info.
yaypsp.gif

yaypsp.gif
{INFO SO FAR} [And credit]
yaypsp.gif
-Needs to be in the "seplugins" folder at the root of the memory card. [Raika]
-Needs "game", "pops", and "vsh" text files in the "seplugins" folder with text "ms0:/seplugins/ScreenShotPNG_Plugin.prx" added. [Raika]
-Must be activated from the recovery menu. (hold "R" while powering on) [Raika]

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have any other plugins just copy the "seplugins" folder in the zip file you downloaded to the root of your memory stick. If you already have existing plugins then copy the files in the "seplugins" folder you downloaded to your existing "seplugins" folder on your memory stick. I remember that your have to add in something like
ms0:/seplugins/ScreenShotPNG_Plugin.prx
to your game and vsh .txt files, but I dunno.

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I have it set up just like that now, but it still seems to not work. I've tried it both in a UMD game and a CSO game. I did notice you have v0.20 and I have v0.30, dunno if that means anything, probably not.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it doesn't mean anything, it's the same. Did you enter the recovery menu and enable the plugin? To do so turn off your psp completely by pushing and holding the power button instead of just pushing it when you turn it off. Then press and hold the R button and boot your PSP. You should enter the recovery menu, then choose plugins, then enable the ScreenShotPNG_Plugin.prx. It should work.

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know I had to do that. Once I did it worked! Thanks for all the help with this! I added the info you gave to the first post so if anyone else wants to use this (and is a total PSP noob like me) all the info needed is right there.

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... interesting new problem to chew on. It only lets you make screenshots part way into games.
I've been trying this with the UMD (Star Wars Battlefront) and CSO (Harvest Moon Boy & Girl) and in both games it's only until the title screen that the screenshots work. (yey, I can has... Natsume logo...)
So basically, no actual game screenshots. Bummer.
sleep.gif

Also every screenshot from HM seems to have this big black line in it. Don't know what's up with that.
238zz6.png

Kinda... ruins the moment... just a little.
tongue.gif

I did find something nice though. In the "any" folder there is a .ini file, "SSPSP.ini", that can be opened in a text editor.
Code:
SSPSP_SS_BUTTONSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ= NOTE
SSPSP_OUTPUT_ERROR_LOGÂÂÂÂ= OFF
SSPSP_FILE_NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ= %year%month2%day2%hour2%min2%sec2
SSPSP_FINISH_MESSAGEÂÂÂÂ= OFF
SSPSP_TEXT_COLORÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ= 0xffffff
If you turn the finish message to "ON" it'll let you know when a picture has been takes successfully in the bottom left corner of the screen. You can also play with text color if you like. Default is white.
I'm pretty sure you could change the button used by changing the buttons option. But I don't know exactly what you would do in there. I tried changing it to "HOLD" and it didn't work.

You could also change the file name if you wanted to. I assume an error log would create a text file of some kind, probably for the developer to know if something went wrong in testing. Dunno if that would hold any keys to the no gameshots problem or not.

{EDIT}
There is another screenshotter FuSa Screenshot (I mentioned it above) that I figured I'd try for the heck of it and it seems to work. It had a decent options setup too for changing the buttons you use and such. Only really big drawbacks are .bmp format (I'd much prefer .png) and when you take the shot it makes the whole screen go negative and puts a freeze on the game for a moment. Not instantaneous like the Speady. Besides those things it does work in game. Not perfectly but still works.
15fsoyr.jpg

http://filetrip.net/g25122164-FuSa-Screenshot.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c