Screen replacement

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Giga_Gaia, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Giga_Gaia
    OP

Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    I have a PSP2000 which is starting to get old and has a lot of dead pixels on the screen. With the release of Final Fantasy Type 0 oversea and having a lot of rpg to play, I am thinking of ordering a new screen since the dead pixels are annoying me.

The question is: Is it easy to replace the screen? I saw some youtube videos, it looks easy, but I wanna know if you can somehow mess up and destroy your psp. I mean I want to do it myself, because I don't know any repair stores around my area a small town near Montreal).

2. binx2469

binx2469 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2011
    The screens are quite easy to replace. Just be careful not to break the clips for the circuit traces. I think the backlight clip has the most trouble. Use something thin to slide under it like a guitar pick. Take your time and it should be no worries..

3. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    ^^ +1

4. Giga_Gaia
    OP

Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    Thanks everyone. Just one last question, anyone got a site that has cheap psp 2000 screens and that ship to canada?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice