Hacking Screen protector for Elite Beat Agents

badhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of those hori knockoff screen protectors from DX and its really ruining the gameplay with EBA. I will admit that for the money it is a good screen protector however, its a little unresponsive when I get to spinning the wheel in certain EBA songs. I have ruled out the fact that I have slow wrist action movements as I am a lot faster than many of my close friends who also play the game; its really no contest, I crush them in any of the track n field games, street fighter, or anything that requires loads of button jabbing.

I have been thinking of getting the actual Hori screen protector, the one licensed by nintendo. I wanted to ask if anyone had any probelms with the touchscreen responsiveness, specifically with the EBA wheel? Is the screen protector thinner compared to the DX knocksoffs?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
badhat said:
I have one of those hori knockoff screen protectors from DX and its really ruining the gameplay with EBA. I will admit that for the money it is a good screen protector however, its a little unresponsive when I get to spinning the wheel in certain EBA songs. I have ruled out the fact that I have slow wrist action movements as I am a lot faster than many of my close friends who also play the game; its really no contest, I crush them in any of the track n field games, street fighter, or anything that requires loads of button jabbing.

I have been thinking of getting the actual Hori screen protector, the one licensed by nintendo. I wanted to ask if anyone had any probelms with the touchscreen responsiveness, specifically with the EBA wheel? Is the screen protector thinner compared to the DX knocksoffs?
Here's a few tips. After you put it on, make sure to "clean" the protectors, otherwise, it'll look like it's being "torn apart".

Or at least, thats how it was for me.

Anyway, you'll probably hate how it is at first, because it get very inaccurate, but about a week after, you'll never even notice you've put it on.

So, I'd say there's about a week of burn-in.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the fake hori screen protectors too, and a couple of weeks later, I had to take mine off because the protector was crazy scratched.

@OP, did you clean the screen before AND after you put it on? Don't use the cloth provided. I used it before I put it on the screen last time and it was worse than wiping the screen off with my fingers.7777777777777777777777777

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Strange. Mines lasted for quite a few months without getting scratched up. They lasted a while against some hardcore Ouendan playtime, and I cleaned them regularly. Sure you're not getting little dirt particles on it? That's the main cause of the scratchiness, clean your stylus tip too.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will do Akamai. Will do.

I'm using the metal retractable stylus, so they might be the reason why my fake screen protector got scratched so quickly. I find the original stylus a bit too short for my liking..

@OP, I find that if your screen protector is scratched, it'll have an impact on your stylus' touch sensitivity as well. Maybe you can clean your stylus every week and same for your DS. That'll probably prolong the life of the screen protector, just like what Akamai basically said.

badhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did wipe it down and it seems to help some; still it could be a little more responsive. Is there not much difference between the fakes (from DX) and the real hori protectors as far as responsiveness goes?

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, the whole responsiveness issue usually comes with the types of adhesives it uses, how thick the protector is, how it's applied, etc. As far as I know, they're almost similar except that the genuine HORI ones are a little more resistant to physical wear and tear. You're still going to have to replace them now and then though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto