OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
New Zealand
So up until now I've just been dealing with .iso and just straight up full dumps of games in .rar files but recently I found a game that only has a Scene Release download available. I've tried burning it to a disc and playing it on my RGH but I just get the "To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console." What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to convert it into an iso or something?

EXTIINCT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
New Zealand
upload_2020-10-2_17-30-57.png

These are the files I got by the way

D

Deleted User

That is not a valid format for anything. RGH needs to be in folder format where there's like thousands of files. If you have dual boot RGH and Flash you can burn a full ISO to a Dual Layer DVDr. But that won't do anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fact that it has a .dvd file leads me to believe that there's an iso inside that winrar. you still have to flash the drive to play isos on discs. use exiso or iso2god.

D

Deleted User

Yeah there's probably some way to combine it. But as it is now it's useless. And unless OP has dual boot he can only combine it then convert to folder format.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can combine it with the copy /b command in cmd prompt, but it looks like a normal winrar file. the fact that it said insert the disc leads me to believe it's an iso. god2iso will remove that check or exiso will put it in folder format.

D

Deleted User

Just read you can combine it with Total Commander, then assuming you're using RGH convert it with exiso to folder format. Then it will work on Rgh.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like he got it unrar'd. I believe if he were to put the files on a disc, the system would read it as "mixed media" disc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.dvd is the layer break. file seems to have no extension, so it's probably an iso or something. also, the size might be wrong (not sure). it looks like it's too small. xgd2 (xbox game disc version 2) is either 7.05GBs or 7.29GBs iirc. I'm not sure what xgd3 is as I had a jtag before games came as that. see if you can turn it into a folder game by adding .iso and using exiso on the game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would need the image to see if I could figure it out. you may be able to tell some info from the .dvd. you can open it in notepad iirc. it will have the layer break. tell me what it is. that way we'll know if it's xgd2 or 3.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's xgd2. copy /b in command prompt

Code:
copy /b IMAGE.000 + IMAGE.001 + IMAGE.002 + IMAGE.003 + IMAGE.004 + IMAGE.005 + IMAGE.006 + IMAGE.007 IMAGE.iso

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-