wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sclogo.gif
SCDS2 SFC EMU v1.06
Unofficial Update
famicom11910.jpg

The SFC EMU v1.06 source code has been released and BassAceGold has made some unofficial changes to the emulator. No official change log for version 1.06 has been released, the change log below is for the unofficial version only.

Change Log said:
• Added the ability to disable or enable audio
• Added cpu speed 5 which is only slightly faster than cpu speed 4, but its there for people who may think it'll help
• Attempted to reduce freezing of entering the emulator menu from in game (haven't tested to see if it works)

Special thanks to Chronos via IRC for the news!

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Project Post

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Ehh, well, small changes, won't be dling
QUOTEWith these changes, I have tested that Mario Kart is now playable with sound disabled on cpu speed 4 or 5. Haven't really done any other tests though so feel free to post results here.
This was left out of changelog

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just installed and then booted it, I'm greeted by a frozen menu screen.
I managed to get it to respond on a third boot, but that's not good.

Edit: The "Recently player Games" list has ActRaiser (U).zip in it, despite the fact I've NEVER played that.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
I just installed and then booted it, I'm greeted by a frozen menu screen.
I managed to get it to respond on a third boot, but that's not good.

Edit: The "Recently player Games" list has ActRaiser (U).zip in it, despite the fact I've NEVER played that.

Sorry about that, Might have to delete the NDSSFC.CFG file and reboot. If anything that would be the source of the freezing as I have had positive feedback from other users.

For those who already have the emulator installed, you just need to copy the .plg to your card, those who don't have it already installed will have to delete the NDSSFC.CFG after copying everything over.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I deleted that and reinstalled, and it's working smooth now.
CPU Freq 5 has given a big performance boost to Super Mario Allstars, it's remarkably smooth now!

Actually I have a request, can you work on improving the scaling/display modes?
Being able to adjust scaling and screen position independantly would be a godsend.

What's current:
Display mode 0/1/2/3/4

What should be:
Scaling 0%/25%/50%/75%/100% (shave 64/48/32/16/0 vertical pixels)
Screen position Centred/Top Middle/Top/Bottom Middle/Bottom

If that can be done, it's be marvelous.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
Yeah, I deleted that and reinstalled, and it's working smooth now.
CPU Freq 5 has given a big performance boost to Super Mario Allstars, it's remarkably smooth now!

Actually I have a request, can you work on improving the scaling/display modes?
Being able to adjust scaling and screen position independantly would be a godsend.

What's current:
Display mode 0/1/2/3/4

What should be:
Scaling 0%/25%/50%/75%/100% (shave 64/48/32/16/0 vertical pixels)
Screen position Centred/Top Middle/Top/Bottom Middle/Bottom

If that can be done, it's be marvelous.

Fixing the display won't be easy. Currently the emulator handles scaling line by line which is convenient because the DS has the same horizontal resolution as the most common snes resolution. In order to get proper scaling, one would have to be able to scale horizontally and vertically which would have to be a pixel per pixel copy job and would cause a massive slow down. Currently I am testing such method (pixel per pixel) and even with cpu speed set to 5 and audio disabled, most games are unplayable. Sadly I don't think this emulator will get perfect scaling.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BassAceGold said:
Fixing the display won't be easy. Currently the emulator handles scaling line by line which is convenient because the DS has the same horizontal resolution as the most common snes resolution. In order to get proper scaling, one would have to be able to scale horizontally and vertically which would have to be a pixel per pixel copy job and would cause a massive slow down. Currently I am testing such method (pixel per pixel) and even with cpu speed set to 5 and audio disabled, most games are unplayable. Sadly I don't think this emulator will get perfect scaling.
Is it really that much of an issue? SNEmulDS has its own way of letting you postion and scale the screens any way you want, quite effectively.
Or is the method employed different? I don't really understand why horizontal scaling is even necessary.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
Is it really that much of an issue? SNEmulDS has its own way of letting you postion and scale the screens any way you want, quite effectively.
Or is the method employed different? I don't really understand why horizontal scaling is even necessary.

SNemulDS has access to the DS's video hardware to render and scale, on the DSTwo everything is done on the CPU. BTW I have updated the emulator to 1.07 and it does have a video mode with scaling so you can see how it runs. Its not pretty but it works.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BassAceGold said:
RupeeClock said:

SNemulDS has access to the DS's video hardware to render and scale, on the DSTwo everything is done on the CPU. BTW I have updated the emulator to 1.07 and it does have a video mode with scaling so you can see how it runs. Its not pretty but it works.
can u had snesadvance.dat compatibility?it would help increase some speed on the games,just like the psp snes emulator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :sad::sad::sad: And a part of my family passed also. :sad::sad::sad: Sending my good suit to the...