endersgame

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mrfixitonline.com
XP
Country
United States
looking for honest opinions and experiences as these seem to be the top choices.

price is not an issue.

i will obviously be running this on a 3ds.

i would like to play ds, gba, snes games on it.

go!

D

Deleted_171835

The Supercard DSTWO is the best decision. It's a great flashcart that can play DS, GBA and SNES games.

If you need more help, check out my 3DS Hacking FAQ.

D

Deleted_171835

endersgame said:
i'm okay with using emulators for gba and snes. i'll be using emus for nes, gb, gbc anyway.
The other flashcarts can't run GBA games. The only flashcart that can is the Supercard DSTWO.

endersgame

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mrfixitonline.com
XP
Country
United States
awesome! thank you. that pretty much made my decision for me
smile.gif

wikoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the supercard 2 play Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games without an emulator as well?

How well do the games run Genesis and GBA games?

Where can I buy them cheap?

Thank you.

D

Deleted_171835

wikoogle said:
Can the supercard 2 play Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games without an emulator as well?

How well do the games run Genesis and GBA games?

Where can I buy them cheap?

Thank you.
The Supercard DSTWO can play Sega Genesis and SNES games. I'm not sure as to what you mean when you say "without an emulator". You're using an emulator on the DSTWO to emulate the Genesis, GBA and SNES games.

The DSTWO runs GBA games quite well. To run Sega Genesis games, you'll need a homebrew called JenesisDS which based on my experience works rather well. Do note that it can't emulate every single game, though.

As for purchasing the DSTWO, you can get it from RealHotStuff. It's a good shop that I've purchase from before. If you would rather not purchase from RealHotStuff, choose from anyone of the below shops.
[shoptemp]97[/shoptemp]​

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Mbmax said:
SoulSnatcher said:
The Supercard DSTWO is the best decision. It's a great flashcart that can play DS, GBA and SNES games.

If you need more help, check out my 3DS Hacking FAQ.
The second and fifth answers on this FAQ are not up to date ...
http://gbatemp.net/t281887-current-flashca...ng-with-the-3ds

I updated it.
Happy?
Hehe. Yeah almost. The fifth answer is still not true.

QUOTE(SoulSnatcher @ Feb 26 2011, 12:20 AM)
  • Q: Do existing DS flashcarts work on the 3DS?
    A - Five flashcarts have been confirmed to work with an update. Those flashcarts are the Acekard 2i, R4IDSN, M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi and the Supercard DSTWO. The CycloDS iEvolution is the only known flashcart that works without an update. More flashcarts are going to be working in the near future as all reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts are able to support DSmode on the 3DS. As of now, the 3DS doesn't work with the below flashcarts.1
  • R4 DS
  • EZ-Flash Vi

BTW, thanks for this little update in your FAQ.
wink.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Mbmax said:
SoulSnatcher said:
  • Q: Do existing DS flashcarts work on the 3DS?
    A - Five flashcarts have been confirmed to work with an update. Those flashcarts are the Acekard 2i, R4IDSN, M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi and the Supercard DSTWO. The CycloDS iEvolution is the only known flashcart that works without an update. More flashcarts are going to be working in the near future as all reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts are able to support DSmode on the 3DS. As of now, the 3DS doesn't work with the below flashcarts.1
  • R4 DS
  • EZ-Flash Vi

BTW, thanks for this little update in your FAQ.
wink.gif
Fixed.
wink.gif

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
aminemaster said:
trumpet-205 said:
Then only SCDS2 can do it, others can't play GBA/SNES on 3DS.
did you forget snesmulds?
it works at full speed on r4i-sdhc for me so how will it work on acekard2i?(better i bet)
the processor-accelerated emulator on the SCDS2 is far better, a lot of games i've found not to work on snemulds work on NDSSFC and with virtually no issues at that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...