Hacking Scam Warning Screen Freeze

snakemaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I just bought a used Wii today and was trying to Homebrew it, but I ran into a problem. When I opened up Letterbomb in the Wii, I couldn't get past the scam warning screen. I waited for a couple minutes for the "press 1" thing to show up but it didn't. I tried pressing all the buttons but nothing happened. I had to reset my Wii.

Next I tried Smash Stack and ran into the same problem. I tried a whole bunch of different solutions and nothing worked. My Wii menu is 4.3U. How do I solve this?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Try redownloading the hackmii installer from http://please.hackmii.com and make sure you pick the right region and MAC address. You also need to use a standard SD card, not SDHC/SDXC. (It's possible some SDHC cards might work.)

D

Deleted User

I have a feeling you don't have a clean IOS, but ofc you would because you haven't homebrewed before.
Try using LetterBomb like said above.

snakemaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already double-checked Letterbomb on 3 different SD cards. Two of them are SDHC and the other is microSD with the adapter. I don't have a regular SD card unfortunately. I also tried Smash Stack with these SD cards and it gave the same problem. Finally I tried to boot up MultiMod Manage but I don't really know how to do that.

D

Deleted User

get the boot.dol from the MultiModManager folder, remove boot.elf from SD root and put the MultiModManager ELF there. Also, I suggest checking if it's a Korean Wii (the serial will start with "LKM") if it does, PLEASE EXCERCISE CAUTION.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Smash Stack doesn't work either it sounds like it's the cards. I think SSBB only works with up to a 2GB standard SD card.

I used one of the Wii-branded SanDisk ones.

snakemaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl works with the micro SD card I have. I was able to play Project M. And Acer I tried doing that but it said "SD card not found" with all 3. My Wii is the US version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: since you guys are so horny, who's up for smash or pass?