1. Amethyst-szs

OP Amethyst-szs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey! I've been doing some work in Ghidra & Ghidra Switch Loader in order to modify a game's exefs file. I've gotten to the point that I have an uncompressed exefs file that I can get the assembly and C code. However, Ghidra Switch Loader doesn't have the ability to export as an exefs main file. I'm able to get a binary but that's something completely different and not very helpful. I've been working on this for ages and it would be really helpful if anybody could help me out. Even if you have a super tedious method, it's better then nothing at all for me.

The image shows my original main file, the decompressed main file, and the not working binary bin file that Ghidra gives me.
    Capture.PNG

2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I haven't used ghidra and don't know if there are any more direct methods. If you know what changes you're making to the code in terms of assembly instructions, you can translate them to hex numbers either manually or with some tool, and change the relevant bytes in a copy of the uncompressed main file. Then you can make an IPS patch of the changes, or use the modified main via layeredfs.

3. Amethyst-szs

OP Amethyst-szs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    That sounds like it would work. I'm not sure how to find the bytes in a hex editor though. Ghidra has the bytes for an assembly instruction on the side. If you take these into a hex editor, it doesn't find them.
    Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Saving, edits, exefs