Hacking Savegame Manager GX Miis Transfer Issue

digitaldeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm transferring data from my Wii to my Wii U's vWii. I extracted everything without issue using Savegame Manager GX on my Wii onto an SD card. I then went to transfer everything to my Wii U using the appropriate Wii U version of Savegame Manager GX. I encounter errors re: mii channel corruption on startup but just ignored it as I figured it was a bug of the Wii U version. (What I did not realize is that I should have run the Mii Channel first and created a Mii.) I went ahead and "transferred" all my miis but of course the operation failed. (The game save I've transferred DOES work fine, so that's something.) So now, whenever I load Wii Resort, for example, I see a bunch of "faceless" Miis that throw an error about being deleted whenever I try to select them. I'm assuming I've botched my Mii data... How should I go about fixing this and getting it back to a state where I can transfer my Miis using Savegame Manager?

As an aside: the miis I successfully transferred after this (some worked, some didn't) are all uneditable because they were "created by someone else" -- is there someway to hack this?

Thanks for any help!

digitaldeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I've attempted to transfer more Miis one-by-one which appeared "blank" in Wii Sports Resort. What's odd is that some restore fine, while others remain blank and do not appear in my Mii Channel in vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill