Android Samsung Galaxy S3 advice

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So today id planned on buying myself a psp3000 and hacking fuck out it but i got a text this morning telling me i was due an upgrade from my shitty blackberry 8520 curve so clearly i went for the s3 as i heard its one of the most powerfull phones out atm

All im intrested in is emulation really but anything cool usally takes my fancy im not asking for essentials i read that topic allready but for emulaion purposes can my new s3 out do what i could have done with a psp3000? also any hot tips from any1 with this phone? im in the uk and on tescos!! yeeeah

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had an HTC Sensation and it ran NES and SNES games perfectly. The big problem was the use of the touchscreen to control the game. This meant that I had difficulty in playing platformers because I don't get any tactile feedback at all. So yeah, apart from controls, emulation for older consoles runs perfectly or near perfect.

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im using a bluetooth gamepad for gaming i really want one of those bluetooth nes pads tho!!

LiamGore

defenceplox
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
an s3 should run the majority of what you want. mupen (n64 emulator) runs really well on android, and ppsspp can emulate some lower graphiced psp games.

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ps1 emulations my real goal i think, im a huge castlevania fanboy and would love 90% of the games on 1 device

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im struggling a little to get ps1 emulation running the 2 roms i really want to play are battle arena toshinden 3 and marvel vs capcom i cant get either to go onto the charecter selsect screen!?

also is it worth rooting my device?

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im reading into roms and stuff now im really lost ive downloaded blackarket alpha cydia and lucky patcher any other suggestions (my phones routed now but no custom rom)

could you just assume im a noob and give me a rough idea off what to look for rom wise all im intrested in really is emulation as i said

im using psx4droid and its the only emu im having trouble with eventhough nds4droid is a little slow too but omg haveing a portable muppen to play ssb and castlevania makes up for that!!

UPDATE
downloaded epsxe works perfect still not sure about this custom rom thing though ? i got a dolphin emulator to run like the first 10 minutes of lost kingdoms for gamecube before it crashed didnt realise my phone was that powerfull :O

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Is Retro Arch any good?

I have used it on Wii runs pretty well wanna try on my Galaxy S3 for PSX emulation...

i personally don't like it, i like individual emulators better, retro arch has limited settings available:

FPse for ps1.
My Boy! for gba.
mupen64 plus for n64.
NES.emu
MD.emu
GBC.emu
for everything else.
and use snes 9x EX+ for snes emulation, don't use SuperGNES because it can't run donkey kong country tetris/dr mario properly, the sound lags horribly and it skips really bad too.

i love the fact that the note II and GS3 run emulation so good because of it's quad core processor, the screen is good.

Reactions: macmanhigh

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IF you can try out the demo version of Drastic. Its a full speed running DS emulator and you can customize the 2 screens if your game doesnt use one of them that often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks