wallstreet

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some kid said its oh-so-very-important to use "safely remove hardware" when removing an usb item from windows.

I have 2 MP3 Players, 3 USB Sticks and 1 Digital Camera since years and I use a lot of these items every day on several computers (home, work, friends) and I´ve never in my life used "safely remove hardware" and have never in my life lost 1 bit.

So much to that `rumour`

Please Moderators take more care for the forums so such fake rumours dont get spread out in the world!

Synchromatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying that just because it didn't happen to you, it's a rumor?

IRC, Safely Remove Hardware makes sure that all data is written before you pull it out. You don't need to use it, but it's an extra precaution that you don't lose any data.

wallstreet

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for some stupid kid who pulls the stick out while it´s copying data LOL I can imagine some people do that.For these idiots it surely is better to always click safely remove hardware lol

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wallstreet said:
Maybe for some stupid kid who pulls the stick out while it´s copying data LOL I can imagine some people do that.For these idiots it surely is better to always click safely remove hardware lol
Do not flame and insult..
And it's been confirmed that there is possibility that card gets corrupted if you don't safely remove it! It maybe won't happen 1000 in a row, but then, one day it'll happen..
I say, better safe than sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P