Hacking Safely Downgrade to 4.2?

tufkal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be working on a friend's system this weekend, and he has a brand new black 4.3U Wii. He wants homebrew enabled. I've modified several 4.0/4.1/4.2 Wiis with successfully with just about everything.

From what I can gather on several forums and several posts, the Hackmii installer, Priiloader, and other critical things haven't been updated yet. But using SSBM stack exploit, I could load up loadmii and then load MMM, replace IOS41 with an older version, then use the TBR, and from there I could downgrade the entire system to 4.2 or 4.1.

Is this safe to do? What would the process entail?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno...

guinea-pig2.jpg

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think u should stand-by for a bit, soon enough there will be a proper hack for 4.3
i dont think it's very safe to downgrade now, but i know there was a thread with some kind of TUT for it

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
To downgrade to 4.2 remove stub IOS 70 and install a functional version of this ios.. Then install system menu 4.2...

This way the only risk is if you can't install system menu fully then you'll be presented with a semi-brick... Chances are slim this will happen though...

ps: but of course do this if you really know what you are doing... otherwise wait for everything to be compatible with 4.3

cheez203

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think if you downgrade a wii that is Lu64+ it will brick due to some new software or hardware or something. Im not entirely sure.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
cheez203 said:
I think if you downgrade a wii that is Lu64+ it will brick due to some new software or hardware or something. Im not entirely sure.

He wants to downgrade back to 4.2, LU64+ stuff is just out of question.. IOS 70 is pretty new and you won't find any revision of it that's not compatible with those new wiis...

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is safe, just don't do it during a thunder storm or lose power or anything like that. Just be sure to do it right. I would go for 4.1, but that is me. Just follow a decent guide with good reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: