Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thats what ive found. I only want eur for smash but ill just wait until i buy a cart or wait for cart less safehax. :)
I'd recommend buying a cart; you can find a trash game for cheap easily at a Goodwill, Gamestop, etc. (or your equivalent thrift shop, game shop, etc.).
I got a cart only of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (impossible to play since no portal, don't care to) for a few dollars; something like that or a DS shovelware game should be enough.

(I got the Skylanders to extract a private header, but that's a separate issue)

YellowHoneyBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed the guide here; (https://3ds.guide/get-started) then you should have injected your NNID through NANDbin after you were successful in getting your CFW up and running. Basically, you can still get any purchasing you made before you injected CFW.

And yes, you will be able to play online with CFW (Luma3d).

Aw man i don't think i did i'm not sure. Since i followed a guide on here. That was for my save data right? i can still redownload the games from the eshop correct? Like i said before i have some Virtual Console games and Harmoknight still on my 3DS. Don't know if that might help. I might have done this though so i'm not sure how would i go about doing this i were to restore my stuff?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the app and system update again to redownload, would save you or anyone else from having to re-inject.

yeah, that's too much work for something that was solved by clearing out home menu extdata.
what if I was on 11.2 already? can't system update there.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, that's too much work for something that was solved by clearing out home menu extdata.
what if I was on 11.2 already? can't system update there.
You can. System update will just notice the title is missing and redownload it

george1391

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Aw man i don't think i did i'm not sure. Since i followed a guide on here. That was for my save data right? i can still redownload the games from the eshop correct? Like i said before i have some Virtual Console games and Harmoknight still on my 3DS. Don't know if that might help. I might have done this though so i'm not sure how would i go about doing this i were to restore my stuff?

You can check to see if you can redownload your games by just going to the Nintendo e-shop and searching for your titles. Your saves could be lost however...I could be mistaken though, I am fairly new to the whole CFW process.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. When you access the eshop all your legit games will be there for Redownload with no cost. You saves whoever, are lost.

Reactions: george1391

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG PROPS goes to Ned Williamson, AHP_person, Mrrraou, Yellows8, Smealum, AuroraWright, Jason Dellaluce, and Dark-Samus for their tools and Plailect for the bible!

I can confirm I got 4 systems from all 3 regions done with OOT3DHAX -> Fasthax/Waithax (1 system from USA) -> Safehax -> ...

AS ALWAYS I recommend follow the guide: https://3ds.guide/

Test subjects from left to right: N3DSXL Black [NTSC-U], N3DS LL White [NTSC-J], N3DSXL Blue [PAL-Australian], N3DSXL Red [NTSC-U]
IMG_0510.jpg

Thanks for this wonderful contribution to the community, here we go 2017 :yay3ds:!!!

Last edited by el_gonz87,

mau.rilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to run dercrypt9, but when I run safehax, he doesn't recognize the arm9.bin file and shows me a red message. What can I do?

dibchez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:/

downloaded the torrent countless times & tried three different cards and cannot get pass the .sha verification of the CTRNAND image

Checking hash from .SHA file...
Failed, image corrupt or modified!
Auto CTRNAND Transfer: failed!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hey guys I need some help please!

I am following this guide: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) with an EU N3DS on 11.2.0-35E with no hacks on it at all.

At step 7. Play the SoundHax .m4a - I see the file < 3 nedwill 2016 - I click it and it crashes and reboots my 3DS with nothing installed or changed (as far as I can tell).

Any help much appreciated.

george1391

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am following this guide: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) with an EU N3DS on 11.2.0-35E with no hacks on it at all.

At step 7. Play the SoundHax .m4a - I see the file < 3 nedwill 2016 - I click it and it crashes and reboots my 3DS with nothing installed or changed (as far as I can tell).

Any help much appreciated.

Did you download the correct version of soundhax/otherapp? Did you put them on your SD card correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson